Club Badge (merged)

No, it doesn't work for me. What do we want people to think when they see our badge. This has a 100 year old icon of trade (incidentally for a city 40 miles from sea) alongside an modern stylised eagle. It's a mixed message, are we modernising or staying loyal to our roots.

Might look nice without the ship and stripes (which are beginning to look Adidassy) but with a nice red rose.

Fair enough if it doesn't work for you... The boat signifies our past trade history, and how the fuck else did the romans get here? haha.... CHESTER!

And the eagle/aquila could reflect again the Roman link BUT also the Flight industry....I'm fucking certain Mansour didn't just buy this club because it's city... he bought it because of how shit Newcastle airport is and how there was less room for development at Liverpool airport (even though he expressed interest in Everton)

Our airport is something to be proud of, and continues to grow with new routes added all the time.
This isn't a coincidence since ADUG came "on board"

0e82f34546a4a7985c6808e9aefcd3eb.jpg
7ea47158deff5d41dba8f79bbf842f6a.jpg

Change the date on the first one to 1894 and make the bottom bit of the shield maroon and that's not too bad.

I don't like the second one at all.

No

&

HELL NO

Hell no isn't nearly strong enough.

I said it about 20 pages back, the danger with design by committee and trying to keep everyone happy is that you end up with shite like this. (No disrespect to whoever designed it).

The Nike swoosh is supposed to represent victory. If they asked all Nike fans to vote on what they thought represented victory there'd be no swoosh, they'd be a badge probably with a lion stood on top of a globe holding a trophy with the number 1 on it.

The club have to be strong on this. Trust an expert graphic designer to come up with an iconic badge that has some of the major elements people like. But don't try and please everyone and squeeze everything in. Otherwise we'll end up with the lion holding the trophy instead of the swoosh.

Fair enough if it doesn't work for you... The boat signifies our past trade history, and how the fuck else did the romans get here? haha.... CHESTER!

And the eagle/aquila could reflect again the Roman link BUT also the Flight industry....I'm fucking certain Mansour didn't just buy this club because it's city... he bought it because of how shit Newcastle airport is and how there was less room for development at Liverpool airport (even though he expressed interest in Everton)

Our airport is something to be proud of, and continues to grow with new routes added all the time.
This isn't a coincidence since ADUG came "on board"
I don't mind the eagle, personally, and that updated one is quite good.
I'm not really too bothered what's on the badge myself. Think we should only have one Manchester icon on it if we're going minimalistic/modern.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.