Club Badge (merged)

Something like this?

a2c3fo.png

Is that the question you want or something more like..

vpkh87.png

I can edit if you prefer different questions/options... then just add the link for the poll.

Can't hurt.

To be honest mate, I think the only way a poll can work is if people can see the picture right in front of them.

Using words to describe it doesn't do it justice. Straight away it's open to prejudice, as soon as you say "updated version of 1930s" some people will automatically shut off from it.

Also describing a badge doesn't do the actual design justice. Your artwork is actually a lot better than most people's imagination (including mine!)

The only way to do it is "which badge would you prefer to be Manchester City's badge from next season onwards a or b."

And then a picture of your badge and the current badge labelled a and b.

To be honest mate, I think the only way a poll can work is if people can see the picture right in front of them.

Using words to describe it doesn't do it justice. Straight away it's open to prejudice, as soon as you say "updated version of 1930s" some people will automatically shut off from it.

Also describing a badge doesn't do the actual design justice. Your artwork is actually a lot better than most people's imagination (including mine!)

The only way to do it is "which badge would you prefer to be Manchester City's badge from next season onwards a or b."

And then a picture of your badge and the current badge labelled a and b.
Ok. Post up the two images that you want the choice between, with this poll...

14xf41v.png

If you want the link I'll send it or post it up.

There's a way of doing a poll on Bluemoon but only mods can do it. Those ones usually get made stickies and get better responses.

This is a good next best option though. Happy for you to do it mate as you've got the artwork. Your full colour design from the last few pages as one option, and full colour current badge, eagle, stars n all as the other option.

Last edited:
There's a way of doing a poll on Bluemoon but only mods can do it. Those ones usually get made stickies and get better responses.

This is a good next best option though. Happy for you to do it mate as you've got the artwork. Your full colour design from the last few pages as one option, and full colour current badge, eagle, stars n all as the other option.

That will acheave nothing other then to cement a point that people want a change away from the current badge..

Gives no other option other then the current badge or a vamp up old badge (which basically is what all designed on here with the round badges with ships and rivers have been)

There should be options with the eagle wraped around the middle , the subtle eagle, the rose, the Bees , the crosses not just a revamp ops badge v the current badge ... What would that acheave !!

Maybe do it in rounds , post a few popular ones then then take away the least popular each round giving people a chance to bite in there second choice

Reading Gary's post, i would be bitterly bitterly disappointed if the eagle was incorporated in any shape or form in our new badge. Hopefully if he puts this view back to the club it is made clear it is his own personal view and not that of the general consensus of city fans.

Oh yeah, the general consensus that co-incidentally agrees with you I assume.....

End the thread! (Always wanted to say that ;-)

Seriously mate, I wouldn't change a thing about them, absolutely stunning. Perfect design, perfect colours.

@Ric I know you are loathe to do polls, but as this is something on which fans are voting on, could you please set up a poll on this design vs the current existing design to see which is more popular.

The club have been great in allowing us to vote on our favourite symbols, but we may never get to vote on a final design. Having a vote on Bluemoon would be a great way to show the club a final design we like. Otherwise there is a fear we could end up with a Melbourne badge with a load of popular symbols crammed in to a horror of a final badge.

Going off this thread, this core design is the most popular, very similar to GeekInGav's popular designs. The roundel, traditional inner shield, ship and rivers were also the most popular symbols voted on the M.E.N and this badge reflects those.

If Ric or any other mods could set up a poll. Which do you prefer, this design, ot the current badge, it would be a great way of gauging the popular view. Cheers

Danamy has asked me to set up a poll with, say, the five best designs and to let people vote on those. Not got time to trawl the thread to find the most popular ones so far, so if someone is willing to draw up a short list for me (with images) I'll set it up.

I posted this earlier and am still concerned that everyone (or just me) is missing what this process is about. Has there been some statement from CITY to suggest there is going to be some voting process?

I have seen a number of posts that seem to suggest that this consultation process is going to progress towards a setting out of options by the club and a vote of fans to select the preferred choice.

I am sure, but would be glad to be put right, that this is not true. Surely this is just a consultation exercise which ensures that the club has collated the opinions of fans and involved them. As it is now ended I would be guessing that information will just be one set of inputs, along with a number of strategic intentions that they have, e.g. commercial outcomes, desire for a global brand etc. which will lead to them announcing their decision. Surely the fans role now is at an end?

Whilst I say their decision, I do not mean this as any form of criticism - I believe that it is entirely right, proper and fair for them to make that decision. They have been as inclusive as would be appropriate with the consultation - much more so than most clubs (or companies/institutions etc.) - but as this thread shows you cannot achieve some widespread consensus - the need now is for the executives of the club to make an executive decision.

I just hope that when the decision is announced that it results in acceptance and support from fans - my concern is that the consultation exercise has bred a sense of 'over-entitlement' of fans that they have some right of determination. I can see a period of - whatever the decision - undue criticism and surliness from a spectrum of fans - just because the satisfaction derived from moaning.

Ok. Post up the two images that you want the choice between, with this poll...

14xf41v.png

If you want the link I'll send it or post it up.

Danamy has asked me to set up a poll with, say, the five best designs and to let people vote on those. Not got time to trawl the thread to find the most popular ones so far, so if someone is willing to draw up a short list for me (with images) I'll set it up.
I'll send you the 5 later tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.