Club Badge (merged)

B. Anyone who says 'a' is just old, hates change, and cries at the end of Spartacus......
Well, that`s a pretty sweeping statement. Please allow me to make one of my own then,
A. Anyone who says "b" is just young, egotistical, and laughs at the end of Spartacus.
Is my sweeping statement correct?

I actually agree with Sigh. Its my view but I agree with him. The Rose has always been my favourite as I grew up with it.
I voted for the rose in the consultation (as well as the rivers) because at the time I thought it was needed to make the badge 'pop' and more striking - plus it was central to the old for so long. Then people on here brought me round to the fact we should just focus it on Manchester and forget county territories.

I understand that you have had a big interest in the badge over the years as have a lot of us...

I understand and generally agree that a round badge ships rivers is my personal preference over the current badge. Always has been an you would find in my previous posts that every badge I own is a version of a round badge...

My feeling was that you and others are dismissing the opinions / preference of the generation that has grown up with the eagle or people who actually like the idea of a eagle or have maybe become attached to it. And your poll was only showing the old revamped badge v the current eagle which I'm guessing would have been used to support a eagle out campaign.

There are countless young fans that would object to the current badge going let alone the eagle going completely, I have a son and three nephews who don't come on here as too young who would back that statement up... Ok not the data you asked for but still there opinion which means something to me.

There have been designed with the round and eagle and even the subtle eagle that would give a nod to there wants, I have said once and don't like saying it again as I'd feel I was pushing my view on to others , but the anti eagle brigade just keep on spilling out the same old thing time after time.

I'm guessing we won't get anything that we will all be happy with but I'll take what comes .

My cousin said they want to see designed with the eagle amongst others as it something the owners relate too . (I won't go into detail on how he knows as it got me into shit with him earlier in the week when I drunkenly posted more information then I should have.) So wouldn't be surprised to see a eagle in there.

I'm hooked now, tell us your big acheavment and I'll tell you mine -)

Mate, I'm struggling with your logic here.

You think that me wanting a poll between the popular round badge and the popular existing eagle badge was in some way supporting an "eagle out" campaign. How so? There was no rule that you couldn't vote for the eagle! In fact, it was one of only two options so how could it possibly be discriminatory?!

Again, from all that I have read, the most popular design that includes the eagle is the current badge. I don't mind it myself, and if the eagle is to stay I'd be more than happy to stick to the current badge. I put it on the poll because it's a popular design, and it just so happens it's the existing badge that we're voting whether to keep or change! If I was being "eagle-ist" I would have included one of the less popular eagle designs.

I value your family's views, and the views of all genuine blues. If they wanted to keep the eagle, they would be more than welcome to vote for it, as would everyone else who wanted to keep the eagle. I really don't understand your point.

You have family and friends that want to keep the eagle. I have family and friends, including a 10 year old nephew who want to change to the round badge with the rivers. But that's purely anecdotal on both of our counts.

The whole reason for the poll was to see a consensus. It may not have matched up with your family's views, it may not have matched with mine, but a poll would give us some kind of idea of a consensus.

That's kind of the point of any vote; to find the popular view. So I'm struggling to see how you could possibly think I was being biased by wanting a vote open to all?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.