Club Badge (merged)

Yeh mate, if you trawl back a bit further you'll see that I said I think it's fairest to have vote between only 2 badges, that way you are guaranteed a majority. I think that's fair. The 2 badges I chose for the vote were the current one, which makes sense, and the most popular one that was a new design.

Others, yourself and Ric included think it's fairer to have 5 or 6 designs to vote on. Fair enough.

My personal view is that if you do that, you won't end up reflecting most fans views.

The polls show a big majority want the round badge, around 60%. Most people in the thread and on the M.E.N poll said they would like a rose or the 3 rivers.

Again, most on here despite having a first choice would be happy with ending up with the other. People who want the roundel with the rivers would be happy if we ended up with the roundel and the rose, and vice versa.

So, for arguments sake, let's say they are split evenly on their first choice. So 30% of the total would prefer the rose, 30% would prefer the rivers.

Now let's say there was 3 designs to vote on. The current eagle badge, the roundel with rivers and the roundel with rose.

If the vote went like this:

40% Eagle
30% Roundel with RIvers
30% Roundel with rose

That means we'd end up with the current eagle. That despite the fact 60% don't want it.
Once again, spot on.

@Ric ..... Poll images. Different colour variations sets.

sets include 3-4 versions ... 1 without an outer element, 1 with a moons outer element, 1 with a roses outer element and 1 with a founded date outer element (hope i remembered the date after all this crap)

CUTTbZ7XIAAbbF-.png

note: changed the roses to a maroon rose for those that don't want 'red' on it ...... so its looks like the original, but isnt .... in a vain hope to please everyone at the same time :sadface:
CUTRwjVWUAA-GZE.png

CUTR3XiWcAA70CC.png

CUTRy-SWoAAVeN5.png

CUTR1MfXIAAYvP6.png

CUTSBI1WIAA4BIg.png

and a set of alternatives that will divide opinion even more ....

CUTRt-ZXIAAGkCq.png

Good Luck!!!

Only the last row are different to any we have had so pretty pointless

Well we all have different hopes I guess. My personal hope is that we end up with a badge the the vast majority to love, and that the rest find "acceptable".

I've not got any kids mate, but I've got a 10 year old nephew who is a blue. He wants us to change to the round badge with the rivers. And before you say it, no I've not pressured him in to it, he just prefers the old badges over the eagle one.

My kids prefer the eagle. They identify with it.

I agree with @garyjames. I want a change. I want it to contain the full name of the club on it. But , I want to see evolution and the club move forward.

Honestly the club should just come out with a design of their own. They aren't gonna come on and pay a fan or Nick one off here. They are gonna pay someone (a design/ad firm....probably local) 100k to design the badge. Won't look anything like we expect it but it'll contain all the elements we've asked for

Yeh mate, if you trawl back a bit further you'll see that I said I think it's fairest to have vote between only 2 badges, that way you are guaranteed a majority. I think that's fair. The 2 badges I chose for the vote were the current one, which makes sense, and the most popular one that was a new design.

Others, yourself and Ric included think it's fairer to have 5 or 6 designs to vote on. Fair enough.

My personal view is that if you do that, you won't end up reflecting most fans views.

The polls show a big majority want the round badge, around 60%. Most people in the thread and on the M.E.N poll said they would like a rose or the 3 rivers.

Again, most on here despite having a first choice would be happy with ending up with the other. People who want the roundel with the rivers would be happy if we ended up with the roundel and the rose, and vice versa.

So, for arguments sake, let's say they are split evenly on their first choice. So 30% of the total would prefer the rose, 30% would prefer the rivers.

Now let's say there was 3 designs to vote on. The current eagle badge, the roundel with rivers and the roundel with rose.

If the vote went like this:

40% Eagle
30% Roundel with RIvers
30% Roundel with rose

That means we'd end up with the current eagle. That despite the fact 60% don't want it.

Not to be rude m8 but let it go...

Iv read what you have put b4 and I understand your reasoning , you have not put anything new there. Not to say this agree with your voting system or reasoning behind it .

This is my original argument with you , you keep saying the same thing over and over so that to me looks like your pushing your view.

Iv explained my stance. (Well tried to)
We probably only mainly differ on what the voting proses should be, but hay it's not a official vote and won't mean anything in the grand scheme of things so I'm going to tacktily withdraw from this disagreement and close with Ill respect your view on what you want on a badge and I'd apreaciate it if you respected mine and others.

Peace
Engoy the game today

First preference vote. Every time the least popular design gets dropped until we have one.
I said somthing to this effect after shaeulm originally posted a poll request... Much fairer way of gagging if people wanted a eagle if any sought in the badge then to put the current badge up against one of the flashy badges that have designed on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.