Club Badge (merged)

What do you think of this
ZtJOope.png
Nice effort. There's nothing samey or old-timey about those. Posted them to twitter.

Before we dispense with the eagle, the symbol has some cultural importance in many Arabic countries, including the UAE. I'm not suggesting the Sheikh is in any way like Vincent Tan but it wouldn't surprise me if the eagle were to remain part of the badge for this reason, however obliquely it might be included. That said, I side with those who like the three rivers as opposed to the rose (e.g. stony).

The Lancashire rose has nothing to do with Manchester anymore. If we have to change, which it looks like we will. It has to be the first one, with the coat of arms.
As others have said, I think that decision has already been made!

I think our new badge should incorporate an image of an oil well placed in front of a background of the Stockport Viaduct.

With three stars above it.

And the Latin phrase "original amaris" beneath it.

Hahaha, post of the day. Pour yourself a nice brandy and light up a cigar, you've earned it.

Before we dispense with the eagle, the symbol has some cultural importance in many Arabic countries, including the UAE. I'm not suggesting the Sheikh is in any way like Vincent Tan but it wouldn't surprise me if the eagle were to remain part of the badge for this reason, however obliquely it might be included. That said, I side with those who like the three rivers as opposed to the rose (e.g. stony).

Definitely three rivers over the Rose..it's more to do with Manchester

Also wouldn't mind the bees

images

this or the Rose crest, would be over the moon if we got our round badge back , but not messed about with too much

Think it will end up being a little like this. Though sleeker, new font and colours etc. I'm hoping that the river lines stay like they are now - white on a sky blue background rather than the red stuff from the Manc crest. I've seen a few mock ups that are very navy blue heavy too. That is not a City colour in my eyes and should be avoided.

But like most here, will be so glad to see the back of the Eagle and Thomas Cook Trophy stars.

Last edited:
Bees & rivers for me.
Ditch the red rose completely now for me but then incorporate the st marks cross maybe. But at the minute a lot of this is up in the air.
Nobody knows what's going to be on this questionnaire until it's released on Saturday.

images

this would be great, but expect they will go down the sky/navy blue scheme used for the other CFG clubs, prefer the white circle but either way would be over the moon if we got our round badge back , but not messed about with too much

posted this on other topic on this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.