Club Badge (merged)

The feedback was obviously strong for the rivers AND the rose, what if they were both at about 30% to keep and the ship at 40%, sooo, they made the rivers the subtle background and the rose on top, considering they had to fit a lot in they have done a good job imo.

I think I put the correct date on one of Gavs designs first so I want royalties from City now :)

There was an earlier design with the wrong date of 1880 on a design too.

12115469_924709204230888_5471949076614185693_n.png

Yeh I did that design above (badly) with the cheap software I had but it was just to show different colours. Would have much preferred this style cleaned up than what we have got though.

You're absolutely right about the questionnaire, it probably did show 30% for the rose and 30% for the rivers. I actually made a lengthy post about this at the time of the consultation. I said the questionnaire was limited because voting for your favourite symbol is very different from voting for your favourite final design. For example, I prefer the rivers, but if it was a choice between the rose on top of the rivers, or just the rose, I would vote just the rose every time.

There should have been a second round of consultation to avoid that from happening. Or they should have had an Alternative / First preference vote. If say there was 3 options:
1. Three rivers
2. Rose
3. Rose stuck on top of three rivers

I'm sure number 3 would have come last by a long way if there was a mock up of the designs for people to see. The consultation itself was fatally flawed because of this.

They've tried to please everyone with the rivers and rose, and ended up with a bit of a clumsy design that doesn't really work. I'm sure fan designs with just the rose or just the rivers will appear over the next few days, and I'm sure they will look infinitely better.

YOUR MISSION, IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, IS
DESIGN A BADGE IN KEEPING WITH THE TRADITION OF MCFC
BASE IT ON THE OLD ROUND BADGE OF THE 70's AND 80's
MAKE SURE THAT EVERYBODY APPROVES.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!

Now, can we get back to arguing about if it's a muffin or barm.

Sorry for the shit edit but this is what the badge should be. Anyone not think this is better than the leak?

59sqkx.png

This stands its own against any badge in football.

To be fair to the club and the agency that worked on this it's an impossible task... in that they were never going to please everyone.

In general as a fan I don't have too many complaints if this is the badge.

However, from a professional point of view, seeing as this is how I make my living... there are a few issues with this, from a pure technical and graphical point of view.

Just like the blue shorts issue (which I'm massively against btw) none of it seems matters once the team starts winning week in week out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.