Club Badge (merged)

GB50110000003141843.jpg

This is also registered on the Ipo site as well as the rose badge of the 70's now this version I like its the colour version that looks like a comic

A. Can anyone explain why there is the need for a Shield inside the original circular badge? I stand corrected, but was there ever a mention or choice of a shield inside the original circular badge mentioned during the consultation and choice period?

B. And why, after some bod at the club decided to have a shield within the circular badge, did they decide to leave the 3 corners of the shield outside the inner circle of the badge?

The inner space of the circle should have had the ship, the 3 rivers, and the red rose. Done. The shield wasn't needed.

Could it be just the elements that are registered and they're free to tweak when they feel the need.

I know v little about this kind of thing but id have thought its registered as it is and if you want to tweak it you'd register your amended version independently. Would be unusual to have a legal process that then leaves the door open to further limitless alterations.

It's odd though in 2 countries where they have added Football Club, the natives call it Soccer, yet in the place where it makes sense, that crappy thing omits it.

And what's the point of buying other clubs, forming a group and the main core branding is lost? That's no point changing it if that is the case.

But if it is true, I'm gonna be laughing at it for years to come. I'd never use it or buy anything with it on.

As someone else posted...doesn't it show Manchester City as the mother ship of CFG?

A. Can anyone explain why there is the need for a Shield inside the original circular badge? I stand corrected, but was there ever a mention or choice of a shield inside the original circular badge mentioned during the consultation and choice period?

B. And why, after some bod at the club decided to have a sheild within the circular badge, did they decide to leave the 3 corners of the shield outside the inner circle of the badge?

The inner space of the circle should have had the skip, the 3 rivers, and the red rose. Done. The shield wasn't needed.
city pretended they were consulting the fans when in reality they were going to do exactly as they wanted...did anyone get asked about removing Football Club from our badge ?

It's just ugly.

The shield is woeful and quite frankly serves no purpose. In fact a simple line across the hemisphere with the ship above and the rivers/rose below would be much better. I mean, of what relevance is the shield anyway?

The other horror is the circular surround. It reminds me of the profile of a blow up rubber ring. Something more low profile and with CITY being curved would allow for a bigger centre image of the ship/rivers/rose would have been more contemporary.

On the whole, and considering the pre brief from the consultation, and the resources the club has at hand, to generate such a poor effort is incredulous. Just what quality control was applied in this process, or as I suspect is the case, is every person currently employed at MCFC incapable of thinking and just spends their complete day nodding their head in agreement?

In fact I would be very interested to hear from any forum members who are employed within the club, exactly what they know of the process and moreover, who were the key players in the generation of this monstrosity?

What do you mean? Haven't you seen his brilliant detective work of looking at two pictures? Scotland Yard are probably blowing up his phone as we speak.

Oh Christ no, I think that's the Police kicking my back door in now. And to think, I was merely expressing an opinion....and on an Internet forum. Oh the shame of it. I'll fight this all the way I tell you.

You've not heard the last of this!

Well I'm no ITK if that's what you mean.

I'm sure City would baulk at spending another £150 if they changed their mind about that badge...

I suppose we're stuck with it then. Apologies for any confusion caused.
Its not £150 though, its all the different classes, at £50 each. I'm no expert either, but given its the only one on the official trade mark site, I'd say you were just guessing, and that this is the badge. I don't think City will be happy that its been shown ahead of the official release, but I'm sure they could have dealt with that with a bit of forethought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.