Club Badge (merged)

i miss football club already

QaBB0pI.png
This just seems to work so much better. Far more balance. Oh well, nothing we can do about it!

looks good to me, that's how I remember our badge.
I could never argue an excuse for the 3 stars and if anything they were an embarrassment truth be told.

Just read about 30 pages so glad your mellowing out a bit as i know you put a hell of a lot of effort into this topic. Personally i like it compared to the eagle so for me job done in that respect. But; shield inside circle, 3 rivers continued onto back circle & City curved. Apart from that fairly happy. I don't think the rose and rivers make it a fudge as the rivers being that shade are almost a background effect that isn't that noticeable to the untrained eye. Maybe a smaller rose but im being picky really. It's impossible to please everyone all of the time. I like the fact Football Club is gone...it made it too busy for me. Like FC but looking at it i like the simplicity of just Manchester City. What is all this cartoon comments people are saying?

To be honest mate when I first saw it I didn't think it was the real design, I just thought it was a simplified version for the patents office.

When it dawned on me it was the real design I actually couldn't take it in! I thought people were going to be absolutely fuming and there was going to be mass protests. But that's not been the case. It's been a mixed reception, but I'm actually quite surprised by just how many positive comments there are.

I don't know whether that just because so many people are glad to see the back of the eagle, or they're just glad the rose is back. It does look like a City badge, just a really childish version.

The core design I can live with, the rose on top of the rivers is a fudge in my opinion, but the core elements are not an absolute disaster.

What is an absolute disaster is the styling and tone. You say you can't understand the cartoon comments, being honest I can't understand how you can't see that! It looks straight of Loony Toons to me!

I think the over sized white band makes it look like it's for children, and the shield popping out of the circle is like something Warner Bros would do as a joke.

The tone is clearly heavily influenced by Arsenal's. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the designer who did Arsenal's badge did ours. I don't think this is the same guy who did Melbourne's, no way.

The difference is, all that is on Arsenal's is the club's name and a cannon, that's it. I actually like Arsenal's badge, it looks a bit cartoony but it's so simple that it works. Ours has a few more elements and the design is a bit more intricate, so it doesn't lend itself as well to that cartoony style.

The best way to sum up my grievance with it is this. If that core design with those elements had been designed by @GeekinGav I would have probably got it tattooed in the new year. But I couldn't possibly get the badge tattooed as it is now because it looks like a childs version of the real badge.

If you could imagine Sergio Aguero being the star of Space Jam 2, this badge is the one Bugs Bunny and Porky Pig would have on their shirt. I want the one Sergio has when he leaves Toonland and comes back on to planet earth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.