Club Badge (merged)

No one opted to change to this. There was absolutely no appetite for the cartoon, the club have done that all by themselves.

They've taken one look at Arsenal's badge and said "Give us a City version of Arsenal's badge that will appeal to children who are between the ages of 18 months and 4 years."
Yet the majority like it.

You're just a particularly vocal person that doesn't and you assume (wrongly) that you're in the majority.

I'm sure you've missed something......yep, corporates, loyalty points, and supporters clubs :)
Selling tevez, sacking Mancini, not appointing ancelloti, not signing all players by June 1, spending too much on players, not spending enough on players, nasri's attitude, Yaya's work rate , players putting country first, queues at ground, season card, not arriving in time, too much standing, not enough standing, position of away fans, queues getting out, move from Maine Rd, it's not what it was,

You're just a particularly vocal person that doesn't and you assume (wrongly) that you're in the majority.

I agree, I don't see consensus howls of outrage here like with the Everton badge. It just kinda seems that way now that most of those who think it's just fine have left the thread and those remaining who hate it are still here firing away.

Two months from now, if not much sooner, all the complaining will fade away, the badge (whatever it is) will be accepted and tolerated by all but a few die-hards, and we'll move on to other earth-shattering topics, like Bony's hold-up play and what flavor of gum Joe chews.

860px-Manchester_City.svg.png

Supernatural-Dean.gif

In fairness, it seems more balanced between people that hate it and people that find it to be acceptable (with caveats). The people that love it (based on posts here, comments on Twitter, and conversations I've had with other blues) are a smaller portion of the overall supporter population right now.

That could very well change but I think saying the "the majority like it" is just as misleading as what you proport @Shaelumstash is doing.

For what it is worth, I showed this to my terminally-degreed artist wife and two professional graphic/web designer friends and they all think it is poor design (none of them are interested in sport so their opinion is completely apart from nostalgia or expectation). My wife described it as "poorly conceived and somewhat childish" and my two friends agreed it was "jumbled" from a design standpoint and would not age well given its obvious attempts to adhere to current "branding trends" rather than establish a grounded style. They focuses more on what they thought was a questionable execution than the actual elements of the badge.

I want to like it, especially as I am one of the half-breed supporters which live between the old and new badges... But the more I look at it the more I see a mess.

Am I really upset? No. In the end I have much more important things to think about. But I am disappointed that my beloved club—that I do devote a considerable amount of my life and hard earned money toward—took a large element of our identity in such a suspect direction.

I agree, I don't see consensus howls of outrage here like with the Everton badge. It just kinda seems that way now that most of those who think it's just fine have left the thread and those remaining who hate it are still here firing away.

Two months from now, if not much sooner, all the complaining will fade away, the badge (whatever it is) will be accepted and tolerated by all but a few die-hards, and we'll move on to other earth-shattering topics, like Bony's hold-up play and what flavor of gum Joe chews.
Absolutely.

See, this is precisely why the club should have released several mock ups and given us a vote.

They've just used the most basic generic template possible, and had at it. I'm sure Nike are pleased.

I think it's a decent foundation, but I wouldn't be happy with that as a final design.

I think it's criminal not to include the words 'football club' or even just 'FC', we're not the corporate whore sell out that the rags are. Well, we are going that way to be fair.

Can't stand the Navy either, really fucking hate the navy blue.

Shouldn't be a final design IMO, tweak it a bit and give us a vote.

I'm on hols at the moment and just seen the leaked badge. For god sake please someone tell me this is a piss-take.

MCFC, ruining holidays since 2015.

Absolutely.

tbf it's mainly a case of this is average and a poor effort, but at least it's not the eagle, no mates I know like it. but this is about global branding and enough people round the world will think its great. But I think for some older fans who had got it into their heads ( like myself) that we would get something akin to the first 2 badges we had, and this is if honest, the cartoonish design elememt and lack of f.c. it dissapoints.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.