Club Badge (merged)

Such a wasted opportunity.
With the power and prestige of our owners , we should have a badge which conveys class and power....this simply is not the case with this new badge.
It looks weak and timid and very amateurish, sorry City but you have messed up in a major way.
It represents Manchester and Lancashire, our roots and symbols of one of the birthplaces of the post industrial world and a symbol of Manchester . That for me is so much more powerful than a made up Roman eagle and a few stars that have nothing to do with who we are and where we're from

The Football Club or F.C. has gone forever. In fact we should have spotted this earlier as always being their intention, as the video they play pre-match gave the game away!

You know, the one that says;

We run for you
We ...... for you

Well it ends in the statement

We are Manchester City

Could a sailing expert look at the ship sails and their top flags (not sure what to call them) do they match the wind direction? Not liking the rose size and preferred the mock ups on bluemoon! At least the bird and stars are gone!

Selling tevez, sacking Mancini, not appointing ancelloti, not signing all players by June 1, spending too much on players, not spending enough on players, nasri's attitude, Yaya's work rate , players putting country first, queues at ground, season card, not arriving in time, too much standing, not enough standing, position of away fans, queues getting out, move from Maine Rd, it's not what it was,

Moaning about members on a forum offering views on things

It represents Manchester and Lancashire, our roots and symbols of one of the birthplaces of the post industrial world and a symbol of Manchester . That for me is so much more powerful than a made up Roman eagle and a few stars that have nothing to do with who we are and where we're from
Never doubted the rose , boat or rivers, what I am questioning is the pathetic attempt at design.

Personally I think the Red Rose is no longer relevant to Manchester and many would question what a sailing ship has to do with a city 50 miles from the ocean. I know the reason it is there (cotton trade etc) but is that really appropriate for the modern day Manchester.?

The eagle badge had many faults, especially the stars. It was difficult for Nike to produce on clothing, although Umbro never seemed to have any problem. But the eagle badge was unique in English football and in my opinion looked powerful and classy ( stars apart)

Cool. It's a badge. I admire people who have the time to get wound up about such trivial things. At least the club went through the process of trying to give the supporters a say in how it looked. Still they were never gonna please everyone.

Wigan_Athletic.svg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.