Club Badge (merged)

Lol stop panicking fella, you don't need a Instagram account to be a "Cityzen"

What is a cityZen anyway? when you meditate in a city? :D

As long as the badge has the Maltese Cross, The Ship, and 3 lines which would represent the 3 rivers (not the family coat of arms) I'm happy...

How NYCFC did their badge consultation was they went with a Twitter campaign, were everyone tweeted their own designs.
The club's consultants looked at those entries then went with an online voting system with a few designs to choose from.

** The problem was that even though I ain't from New York I was able to partake in the voting system **

So if going off NYCFC's procedure we will have a shitload of indonesian sad rag bastards voting on this :(

Not sure that's quite true mate. The 2 designs NYCFC allowed fans to vote on were designed by Rafael Esquer who is one of the most highly respected graphic designers in the world. So it wasn't exactly the gallery on Art Beat.

Also the club didn't even exist at that point. There was no history, no fans, so the vote had to be open to everyone. Of the two designs they released, the one that won was very clearly the better design, so although it was open to a vote, I think it was more a vehicle to gain publicity and interest. They said they roundel design won by a huge majority.

The difference with City is that we have existing members, existing seasonticket holders, so we can limit any voting to established fans with a real connection to the club. I think it's an absolutely superb move by the club. Everyone that cares will have a voice, but those with more of a vested interest (long standing fans) will have a louder one.

The overwhelming majority of fans seem to absolutely loathe the stars, so I'd assume they will go as a minimum.

A healthy majority would prefer a return to our traditional roundel badge at the expense of the eagle.

Everyone seems to agree on the top of the crest with the ship staying, the only area I've seen debated is whether the bottom should be the 3 stripes from the Manchester Coat of Arms or the red rose of Lancashire.

I love the 80s badge, but as Manchester is no longer in Lancashire, I don't think it makes any sense whatsoever to bring it back.

Also it galls me to see Trafford Rangers wearing the Manchester CoA on their away suits, it shouldn't be allowed. If we went back to the rose, it's basically giving the identity of our city to that shite over the road.

Fuck that, I want that Manchester CoA crest on the chest of all of our players as our club was set up to represent this city.

Don't mind a change of badge .
Would love the Manchester coat of arms .
But i know that won't happen .

Not sure that's quite true mate. The 2 designs NYCFC allowed fans to vote on were designed by Rafael Esquer who is one of the most highly respected graphic designers in the world. So it wasn't exactly the gallery on Art Beat.

Also the club didn't even exist at that point. There was no history, no fans, so the vote had to be open to everyone. Of the two designs they released, the one that won was very clearly the better design, so although it was open to a vote, I think it was more a vehicle to gain publicity and interest. They said they roundel design won by a huge majority.

The difference with City is that we have existing members, existing seasonticket holders, so we can limit any voting to established fans with a real connection to the club. I think it's an absolutely superb move by the club. Everyone that cares will have a voice, but those with more of a vested interest (long standing fans) will have a louder one.

The overwhelming majority of fans seem to absolutely loathe the stars, so I'd assume they will go as a minimum.

A healthy majority would prefer a return to our traditional roundel badge at the expense of the eagle.

Everyone seems to agree on the top of the crest with the ship staying, the only area I've seen debated is whether the bottom should be the 3 stripes from the Manchester Coat of Arms or the red rose of Lancashire.

I love the 80s badge, but as Manchester is no longer in Lancashire, I don't think it makes any sense whatsoever to bring it back.

Also it galls me to see Trafford Rangers wearing the Manchester CoA on their away suits, it shouldn't be allowed. If we went back to the rose, it's basically giving the identity of our city to that shite over the road.

Fuck that, I want that Manchester CoA crest on the chest of all of our players as our club was set up to represent this city.

Good post

newbits.jpg

Something like the one on the left.
That's decent. Spread the writing around the top half though, probably only room for Manchester City F.C. At the bottom, a Maltese cross followed by 1894 followed by the Manchester bee. The cross would have to be a black outline as a nod to the original shirt. Can anyone knock this up? I'd be interested to see what it looks like

Can't disagree with anything you're saying here bud.

But I'm sure the Rags actually pay MCC to use the COA?
I read this somewhere... Whereas due to us actually being in Manchester we wouldn't pay for the COA use?

199a2315d4477a9c9c74d82a4e98145864e0194c.gif

Even though I would like elements of this in a new rounded badge, the bee thing may stick to newer fans and
we may end up developing an American team style nickname like: The Bee's... or something corny like that.

Love the Lion in the badge though.

I think its crucial that the outer rim of the round badge is white - if it is blue it will look just like New York and I won't be able to identify with it.

The old badge but a Manchester bee instead of the Lancashire rose seems good to me (I don't think I want any red). I like the 3 stripes so I think they will remain in some form.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the shield part of the current badge inside a white rim, perhaps without the initials if the team name is going around the badge. I don't think they will be looking to reinvent the wheel here, I hope not anyway.

It's just their way of bringing in a new round badge in line with the other CFA clubs. It's like all these surveys they send out. Patronising.

Last edited:
A few points worth saying in response to comments...

City are asking fans for their views and we should all try to contribute. This isn't an exercise in bringing back a badge or foisting a design that some expensive designer in an office a million miles from Manchester has come up with. This is about fans airing their views on what's important in the badge and all of us should take the opportunity of contributing. We shouldn't assume someone else has aired our views, we should stress them ourselves. Eagles, ships, roses, lines, rivers, bees, shields, stars, antelopes, elephants... Whatever matters to you should be stressed to City via the channels they are opening.

I'm going to be doing a series of lectures on the history of our badges and I'd urge people to come to those (City will announce details soon), and/or visit the exhibition they're opening on site. Then contribute your views. The more Blues that contribute the better. This is a fantastic opportunity for us. Other PL clubs have foisted designs; our club wants our views.
It would make sense to have you on at City Sq. whilst they're taking views

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.