Club Badge (merged)

Even though I would like elements of this in a new rounded badge, the bee thing may stick to newer fans and
we may end up developing an American team style nickname like: The Bee's... or something corny like that.

Love the Lion in the badge though.

No one has ever called us the ships, the roses, the eagles or the pointless stars so why would the start calling us the bees?

The cross there looks great but not sure the cross would feature considering it's religious connotations and we're an international brand now. Don't think we should feature the latin at all, dated language for one and just kind of cliched.

Even though the bee is a symbol of the city it would be a drastic change from an eagle and a completely new symbol which I don't think would take off well on the whole. Also I don't want anyone referring to us as 'The Bees' and I view our founding as 1880, not when we simply changed name.

Sorry if this has been picked up on, only just seen the topic.Why the fuck is Denis Law in the MUEN report with the old badge alongside Sergio with todays badge.I have nothing against the Lawman having spent lots of time with him, surely they could have put one of the many other greats of the club up instead.
UNBELIEVABLE
YCNMIU

You are spot on, they should do their research but whilst I agree with that all I am saying is that having bees/rivers etc is not as important as having a marketable identity as long as the word Manchester is on the badge.

Neither do I but in order to be global we should have global appeal. I don't want this either but like it or not marketability will influence the decision.
I don't think you need to worry about how marketable & the global appeal of the badge is. Pretty sure the #1 priority will be that sort of thing, they'll have plenty of input to make sure what they do doesn't negatively impact that side of it & in fact does the opposite. It's just a generous gesture to let the fans have some sort of input before they make their decision, and a good decision to do so.

No one has ever called us the ships, the roses, the eagles or the pointless stars so why would the start calling us the bees?

Exactly, We're the Citizens or Blues or simply City.

Get a Bee on it!

12088253_10156051531140386_5070351942748251415_n.jpg

Well the roses are already a band, as are the eagles and Pointless Stars sound's like a great name for a new Madchester band :D

Aren't bee's becoming extinct anyway? :(

My only wish is that the eagle stays a part of the design, as it's all I've ever really known and it's unique.

Bin the stars, make the badge circular and give it a new design, and we're all good IMO.

Unique?

You are aware of Crystal Palace's badge and nickname not to mention Lazio? :)

This current badge has been a pet hate of mine since the primary school competition winner designed it almost 20 years ago. The badge in amateurish and embarrassing in the equal measures and is the sole reason I have never bought a City product with it on. Whilst we have had the most success wearing this badge I still cannot help associate it with the worst period in our history, the relegations, Division Three, Auto Windshields Cup et al. I welcome this consultation and would beseech people who have made positive comments about change on here to take part in the consultation. I’ll certainly look out for @Gary James' lectures on the subject and will attend if possible.

For those worried about the impact on the recognition of the current badge please don’t. Lots of companies go through rebranding and turn out much stronger for it. All publicity is good publicity and Aguero, Silva, Yaya etc can promote this all over the world and, if anything, would expose us to more people than if we left it alone.

I am very excited about this, which I shouldn’t really be at my age. That’s how much I want this. It was my strapline “bring back the old badge” on another forum for years. To me this is more exciting than the next superstar we may or may not sign. And I would add that the club could do worse than employ @GeekinGav as his efforts in a previous thread were absolutely stunning.

**BRING BACK THE ROUND BADGE**

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.