Club Badge (merged)

I think it looks superb.
Takes us back to 1972.
Without a doubt a major upgrade on the mongrel of a made up badge we have now.
Great effort by the club for which they should be given credit for.
Conversely I could say it's a very poor effort by the club for which they should not be given credit for.

Holds as much water.

In my opinion, they've had that drawn up since before the season started.

To me it looks traditional, harks back to the city of the 60s/70s when we had success. I dont want anything to remind me of the eighties again. The badge is good enough, other teams are not going to be looking at it and saying City are shite based on a badge ffs! To those who dont like it, get over it? It is a badge, it encapsulates everything that city are. certain colours, raised fonts etc etc does it really matter? Since when did everyone become Kirtsy Alsop?
Again, fair enough. I suppose those of us closer to the design world just have higher expectations. My wife is a terminally-degreed artist so my world is skewed toward design out of sheer self-preservation at dinner parties, gallery openings, and industry functions (though, I'd say I have since picked up as a bit of a hobby as applied to its influence on economic decision-making, as I am an economist/analyst).

I suppose I am harping now, though, and should let it go.

Again, fair enough. I suppose those of us closer to the design world just have higher expectations.

Different expectations I would say, not higher. Whats important to those closer to the design world isnt necessarily as important to the rest of the world.

You a eagle outer noooo

Your dislike of it pleases me the most in this whole sorry sarga ...

But we won't go over old ground ...

Suppose we will all have to live with it..

All the best

Charming! What happened to the season of good will to all men and all that?!

I'm not revelling in the fact you're unhappy with it, far from it. It would be great if all blues were happy with it, but that's never going to be possible.

The survey's clearly show an appetite to return to a round badge without the eagle. Our main disagreement was based around you thinking that wasn't the case, and the fans would vote to keep the eagle. That clearly wasn't the case, so I'm glad at least the majority of blues had their views reflected with the elements which are included.

The main complaints I've seen is that it looks cartoonish. Not sure why you'd be happy about that, but that's your right I guess.

Anyway, genuinely hope you and your family have a great xmas, they were never going to please everyone, but if more blues are happy with it than before then I'm happy about that.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.