Club Badge (merged)

Different expectations I would say, not higher. Whats important to those closer to the design world isnt necessarily as important to the rest of the world.
I would say it is normally (not always) as important with less conscious awareness of it. Believe me, I agree that the design world sometimes falls in to the absurd and ridiculous (I live it on a daily basis) but most of it occupies an "invisible" space in the minds of the rest of world. And it is difficult to exaggerate that influence.

My point from that is that people may be ok with it now but find it kitschy fairly quickly afterward, without really knowing exactly why. It happens quite a lot in the graphic and industrial design world and most good firms/designers go to great lengths to avoid it, especially in the context of a new or re-branding. It can be a nuisance or, worse, a death nail for a new initiative. And I think our new badge falls in that suspect category... Though, time will tell.

Well that's it then!

35 years I've supported this club, man and boy, but if they think I'm going to be giving them another penny after doing this to us, they've got another thing coming!

Who's up for creating our own club as a protest?

This is what I love about City fans - nothing can get done, good or bad, without a shit load of pissing and moaning!

Sheikh Mansour went to Disney, with his graphic designers,
Brought us back a brand new badge, that's only fit for minors!

(I like it by the way, it's fine)!

Well that's it then!

35 years I've supported this club, man and boy, but if they think I'm going to be giving them another penny after doing this to us, they've got another thing coming!

Who's up for creating our own club as a protest?

This is what I love about City fans - nothing can get done, good or bad, without a shit load of pissing and moaning!

Sheikh Mansour went to Disney, with his graphic designers,
Brought us back a brand new badge, that's only fit for minors!

(I like it by the way, it's fine)!

Hahaha! That song is brilliant!

A lot of people like it, so I guess we're all going to have to get used to it.

I don't see what the fuss is about. It's a throwback to the days I most associate with City and I like it. It better represents who we are and what we're about. Never was that keen on the current one which meant nothing to me at all really.

Side by side comparison really does show how shit our current badge is
acc513901b.jpg

Exactly. I have a feeling lot of people don't (yet) realise this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.