Club Badge (merged)

Gone back 20 pages. Curved CITY better, shield breaking circle just a gimmick, why's the ship so pale (looks like through fog on the Canal) but at least all the flags are blowing in the same direction. Have we dropped the superbia motto entirely or just on the badge?

Happy Christmas.

Gone back 20 pages. Curved CITY better, shield breaking circle just a gimmick, why's the ship so pale (looks like through fog on the Canal) but at least all the flags are blowing in the same direction. Have we dropped the superbia motto entirely or just on the badge?

Happy Christmas.

And you mate happy Christmas,

nope still dont like it .... even in a comparison style in CFG brand ...

CXAtyOeWMAEprRN.jpg
I have liked your designs GeekinGav over the past few months and prefer many of yours over what the Club has come out with. I too am not a fan of the new badge....probably shades the current eagle, but only just and is not as good as previous City badges. I think they have tried to please too many people which means we have a "not bad and growing on me" response or a "it's better than the current one so OK by me". Underwhelmed. Thanks to you for all your designs...ashamed the club designers did not consult you...

I'm not really missing the point. And I wouldnt have had a problem with a popular vote.

You may think the design looks better without the rivers or the rose, but I just don't think design considerations are that important when choosing what is and what isnt important to be part of a badge.

The rose and rivers may make it harder to create a badge of your liking but for me thats tough shit. People think the rivers are important and the rose is important.

You can't just remove important symbols because the badge looks better.

You may well think that design considerations aren't important, but you're wrong to think that. The Manchester Bee and the eagle got more votes than "1894". In fact "1894" wasn't even an option to vote for.

But the designer chose not to include the bee or the eagle. Do you know why? Design consideration.

You absolutely can remove "important symbols" if they mean the design doesn't work. That's why the eagle and the latin aren't included. Many thousands of blues value those things and wanted them included. But to use your phrase it's "tough shit", you have to draw the line somewhere.

Everyone has a different point at where to draw the line. Some are upset they couldn't squeeze the eagle in somewhere. I think they shouldn't have included the rose AND rivers, it should have been either or, that's my line. Your line is obviously different, good luck to you.

But you're suggesting it's more important to you that your favourite symbol is included than having a final design that looks good? Seems a bit precious, but each to their own I guess.

Anyway, I'm delighted we've got a round badge with a ship, shield and I like the rivers and the rose, just personally don't think they look good together. But as I said, it's impossible to please everyone.

Anyway, merry xmas to you and yours, hope you have a good one.

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35175829

Some of the chosen comments on the BBC page make me laugh.

"James Wilson: The badge is an important part of a clubs history. Some things should be left untouched."

Erm... it is a throwback to our old crest!!!

"Javed Chowdry: I see the 3 stars have disappeared as nobody had a clue what they signified"
Someone who knows the obvious.

"Andrew Lynn: Taking the FC or football club off it as Utd did, trying to create a "brand"."
There's already a brand, if you're wearing a football shirt and you're a major part of Manchester, and seen on TV playing football, do you still need F.C.on a crest? City are much more than a football club now.

"Shane D: Its the Blue Peter badge"
City initially used the crest in the 1930's. The Blue Peter badge was originally introduced in 1963, featuring the blue ship logo on a white plastic shield. This design remained unchanged until the 1990s when a revised badge featuring a raised moulding of the ship design by Tony Hart was introduced (more detailed and neater than the previous printed reproduction). This version disappeared in 1997 when the old-style badge returned.

"David P Burgess: Great to see the Lancashire FA red rose in it #hotbedoffootball."
For me, Manchester was part of Lancs and it is grand to see a link to the heritage of old. Greater Manchester is Lancashire in many ways.

Vince Vinsect Lee: Looks like the old badge which is a good thing in my eyes, the current badge isn't good and its launch coincided with our worst strip too.

"Zinedine ZiDarren: 18.... 94....is that their average attendance figures in 2015?
Where were we when we were...?

"Matthew Farmer: I trust it says "established 2007" on it"
Hmmmm....

Would have preferred Manchester City at the top and Football Club at the bottom a la Melbourne and New York as it would have filled out the outer ring but overall very happy to be back round and to have got rid of the last badge. Will we wear it on Boxing Day?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.