Club Badge (merged)

You may well think that design considerations aren't important, but you're wrong to think that. The Manchester Bee and the eagle got more votes than "1894". In fact "1894" wasn't even an option to vote for.

But the designer chose not to include the bee or the eagle. Do you know why? Design consideration.

Thats a presumption by you which I believe is wrong. I've not seen any figures on who voted for what publicised but I'll take your word for it. The vote however wasnt the only means the club has of gauging public opinion.

You absolutely can remove "important symbols" if they mean the design doesn't work. That's why the eagle and the latin aren't included. Many thousands of blues value those things and wanted them included. But to use your phrase it's "tough shit", you have to draw the line somewhere.

If you absolutely can remove important symbols so it looks good they can't be that important. I presume the eagle and latin, while important to some fit this category.

Everyone has a different point at where to draw the line. Some are upset they couldn't squeeze the eagle in somewhere. I think they shouldn't have included the rose AND rivers, it should have been either or, that's my line. Your line is obviously different, good luck to you.

I could be wrong, but you want either or so the badge looks better, not because they are or are not important symbols that are representative of the club.

With all due respect I think that point of view should pretty much be ignored.

But you're suggesting it's more important to you that your favourite symbol is included than having a final design that looks good? Seems a bit precious, but each to their own I guess.

Neither of them are my favourite symbol and it wouldnt bother me that much if either were in or out. But I'm just one supporter of many.

GB50110000003128350.jpg

This one was filed in September..
https://www.ipo.gov.uk/trademark/image/GB50110000003128350.jpg
Please be this.

So, doing the maths, thousands of people gave input, there is one design that is probably not like any single person really, really wanted, and thousands of people are slagging it off.

I guess the sun is still rising in the east. Thank goodness for that.

FWIW, it is a vast improvement on the eagle and star nonsense, very similar to the previous one, while also fitting in nicely with the CFG branding.
No brainer.

So, doing the maths, thousands of people gave input, there is one design that is probably not like any single person really, really wanted, and thousands of people are slagging it off.

I guess the sun is still rising in the east. Thank goodness for that.

FWIW, it is a vast improvement on the eagle and star nonsense, very similar to the previous one, while also fitting in nicely with the CFG branding.
No brainer.

Hear hear..

Be honest mate, what order would you put these in:

A.
Qx9Eu7F.png

B.
iY7RmQK.png

C.
CW75yzWWQAA9cEj.jpg
I personally would go for C, A, B out of those three. I especially never liked the scalloped top edge of the shield.

I quite liked this leaked one when it first raised it's head and it's only grown on me. It's got in nods to the ship canal, Lancashire, 1894, the 3 rivers and the shield from the Manchester coat of arms (http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/con.../110209_manchester_coat_of_arms_feature.shtml).

I even like the shield overlapping and the red rose on the blue rivers. It doesn't look the least 'cartoonish' to me, it just makes it 'pop' and give it a bit of a 3D effect that'll translate regardless of the medium.

Nice one City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.