Club Badge (merged)

You're missing the point.

I'm pleased the club asked fans what they wanted too.

But I think they should have asked fans which final design they liked, not just which symbols they liked.

That way, "design types" road digger types, factory worker types, accounting types, everyone could have picked the final design they liked best.
I'm not really missing the point. And I wouldnt have had a problem with a popular vote.

You may think the design looks better without the rivers or the rose, but I just don't think design considerations are that important when choosing what is and what isnt important to be part of a badge.

The rose and rivers may make it harder to create a badge of your liking but for me thats tough shit. People think the rivers are important and the rose is important.

You can't just remove important symbols because the badge looks better.

Last edited:
I'm not really missing the point. And I wouldnt have had a problem with a popular vote.

You may think the design looks better without the rivers or the rose, but I just don't think design considerations are that important when choosing what is and what isnt important to be part of a badge.

The rose and rivers may make it harder to create a badge of your liking but for me thats tough shit. People think the rivers are important and the rose is important.

You can't just remove important sumbols because the badge looks better.

I agree with you on this Moomba. The 'design concept' was secondary to reflecting the historical traditions of the club.

We have returned to the circular badge, the rose and the rivers and got rid of the eagle and stars. Its a badge with relevance and reflects the history of the club.

I was initially fearful at the thought of a new badge but this was sympathetic to the past. People have said the rose has no significance but it does as it was on our badge for 23 years.

It is not perfect but the most important elements were included.

Ok. It's been 540 pages so I think it's time for the big question.

can we move forward as a club now that Shaelumstash and Fudge do not like the new design?

or maybe it is like it usually is that most who are happy with something stay silent and it is the loud minority who moan? (Though that would be the first time on bluemoon forum's history but that has to happen one day right?)

I thought you were suggesting their intention wasn't to make City look more prominent. Personally, I think that was their intention, whether they achieved it or not is another matter.

I agree with everything you have said. The shield popping our of the circle clearly looks ridiculous. The designer obviously want to give the impression of it popping out, moving, being dynamic. Not sure why they would want that, but it clearly appears to be the intention.

It was me who changed the rivers to white, and I agree it looks much better. I was a rivers supporter, but I actually think with this design the rose on it's own looks better.

4UWtz0D.jpg
Yes , I was a rivers fan too but they've made a mess with the colours, I thought it would be on or the other & agree that the one you've done there with the Rose is much better, I could live with that. If they could just change the shield......

This is the one I want, surely city can compromise its only a few minor tweaks to their design, if the leaked one is real lets push this

Ok, so you want to change that. But how about us who prefer the new badge to that Gav's design? Surely you can compromise a bit and not push with the small tweaks?

Maybe. Just maybe add FC after City but otherwise I'm very happy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.