Club Badge (merged)

Manchester City's formation date has never changed. It's always been 1894. Ardwick had to apply for re-election to the League in 1894 due to their final position and, in all probability, they would have not been re elected. Manchester City and Ardwick co-existed for a while and MCFC was regarded as a new club which, ultimately pulled in many but not all the Ardwick directors, players and fans. Reports talked if City signing players from Ardwick at times. They were perceived as two clubs at City formation but City wouldn't have existed without Ardwick, so the history is important. BUT 1880 isn't even a definite date, it's assumed based on games reported (or at least games we've identified so far!). At times 1884 and 1887 have been claimed as formation dates, so 1880 is a fluid date representing our earliest traceable so far game. 1894 is MCFC's formation, but the earlier material us important to the overall story of course.

I will let people make their own minds up after reading the relevant page of football league history.

See page 162 of this book for a different version link (right click on link to open in new tab, may only work in Chrome)

It shows Ardwick being re-elected in 1894 and the name changing.

I will let people make their own minds up after reading the relevant page of football league history.

See page 162 of this book for a different version link (right click on link to open in new tab, may only work in Chrome)

It shows Ardwick being re-elected in 1894 and the name changing.
They've got us as Manchester City in the cross table of results but Ardwick in the table itself, so I'm none the wiser really.

885072_944566628911812_2882380061773759457_o.jpg

Is the extra river to reflect the recent flooding in Manchester?

And if they had been given (say) 3 options to choose one from it's not like everybody would have chosen the same one anyway leading to exactly the same whinging we're getting on here anyway.

BTW, I'm confused by your last sentence. Isn't it a bit contradictory to the rest of your post or have I missed the point?

My point was simply that I do not think that the club are getting the respect that they deserve for the way they have handled this exercise - they have done much more than others would do.

The idea of a 'fans vote' would have not been in my view at all sensible - and I agree with you would have led to a load more whinging

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.