Club Badge (merged)

maroon was sadly overlooked, worries me about the kits if it isn't kept to a select few to be consulted. Could end up with all sorts, all sky blue and navy being the biggest problem.

Yeh I think a consultation is on the cards, and rightly so.

I personally don't mind sky with maroon trim. But my first choice would be navy blue socks as that's what I grew up with with Paul Lake, David White, the 5-1 etc.

Sky blue shirts, white shorts, navy blue socks is completely unique to Manchester City. It's our most worn kit combination, and no other team in the world plays in that combination.

Sky blue shorts are Coventry, white socks are Lazio or Napoli. Let's have the City kits unique to City and our identity, not a pale imitation of someone else.

I'd be surprised if we don't have another CItyzens consultation on the clubs core colours next season.

When they launched the Cityzens membership, they mentioned that as a member you could possibly have a say in the future of the badge or the kit design.

From the good press the club have had over the badge consultation I'm sure it is in their plans to have a consultation on the kit.

I know @Gary James has said if the club approached him he would be happy to offer his expertise in any consultation with the fans.

I'm sure the sky blue shirt would be overwhelmingly popular.

I'm sure the white shirts would be overwhelmingly popular.

The socks will probably be an even split between sky blue and navy.

Trim would probably have white as overwhelmingly popular, with some votes for navy and some for maroon.

That's just going off the threads in here, but the results of the badge consultation was very much in line with the views on here.

I'm just delighted the badge was redesigned to what a high percentage wanted. I think as members you can contact the club through the app or city voice and give your views on any subject and they promise to read every one. So if you know lots of mates/city fans who share your opinion re kit....let them know & your voices will be heard. It would definitely be in their interest as it would increase sales the higher the popularity. Good luck with it & i look forward to joining any kit discussion/debate/argument/rant in the near future.

Can anyone with decent photoshop skills do a mock up of how this embroidered version would look on the kit please? I know there are other versions using the graphic badge, but I'm sure the embroidered version would look much better.

Also be great to see a mock up of how the badge in the consultation space would look in place of the existing badge inside The Etihad / CFA?

Thanks in advance if anyone can be arsed doing it! :-)

Would love to know how to. Maybe @GeekinGav can run some courses in computer design skills.

Yeh I think a consultation is on the cards, and rightly so.

I personally don't mind sky with maroon trim. But my first choice would be navy blue socks as that's what I grew up with with Paul Lake, David White, the 5-1 etc.

Sky blue shirts, white shorts, navy blue socks is completely unique to Manchester City. It's our most worn kit combination, and no other team in the world plays in that combination.

Sky blue shorts are Coventry, white socks are Lazio or Napoli. Let's have the City kits unique to City and our identity, not a pale imitation of someone else.

& you said you couldn't teach anything lol. Good work matey.

The only reason the current badge is on a shield is because of the awkwardness of it and trying to encompass the entirety of it on a patch; with the three stars separate from the eagle. When United had Nike theirs was also on a patch but as theirs is round it was shaped to fit;

2i8kh93.png

I wouldn't put it past them to be honest

@shaiomarali Don't worry, there's no chance of that happening.

I was chatting to a mate who designs the kit for another team in the PL. He was saying there are two types of badge - Embroidered and woven.

Embroidered is like we used to have under Umbro, and Liverpool have now. The badge is embroidered directly on to the kit. It looks better, but is more expensive.

Woven is when the badge is produced separately from the shirt and then stuck on later.

Nike nearly always used the woven method as it's cheaper.

He said to produce a woven version our eagle badge without the shield would mean 4 separate woven badges. One for the eagle, and one each for the stars. Creating these 4 badges would be expensive and time consuming. That's why Nike put it in a shield, so they would only have to produce one woven badge.

Having a circular badge now means there is no need for the shield. Look at PSG and Inter's kit for an idea how ours would look. For me the two best kits in football.

Not that I am aware of but we did in the 90s have a few umbro kits with round badge on shields. It was ok then but not now.
Reebok put the eagle badge on a black woven shield, as well (only noticed this when I had to move my old shirts to a new storage space yesterday). I took a picture on my phone but then realised the forum only accepts linked images and I can't be bothered this late at night to upload it somewhere else and then grab the link (which is difficult on iPhones, anyway).

This will have to do:

http://www.theoldfootballshirtshop....ity/2003-2004-manchester-city-away-shirt.html

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.