Club Badge (merged)

I love the way Manchester is emphasised. We are the only team in Manchester after all. Which will piss off the people at Trafford LOL

I have to hold my hands up and admit I was one of the moaning bastards when this new badge was unveiled online, but after seeing the badge on display at the stadium and in the Pod thing @ CS
I'm starting to like it much more as it's still similar to the badge I often associated with City when I started watching them.
Side by side with the Eagle badge - it's obvious that we needed this change.

it's better. Finally - weve got rid of those fucking stars :D
I think you make an excellent point. The reveal by the club was planned so that we could see it as it should be seen and the IPO website which, unusually and surprisingly published it immediately instead of after Boxing Day as planned, and the MEN article meant that the flat low quality images on the IPO site were what we saw without comment etc. it really did damage the efforts the club had made and what they had planned. The fact that Vicky Kloss was just one of the many key MCFC personnel in the consultation/badge reveal space prematch on Boxing Day demonstrates that the club genuinely cared about fans' opinions and so on. It makes me laugh that some, including the BBC who really should know better, talked about Blue Peter - have they not seen City's earlier badges or the Manc COA? Perhaps Blue Peter copied City's original badge, after all it predates Blue Peter by several decades!

I know a lot of us have talked previously about using the Manc COA on shirts - that was problematical - but now we have a badge that Manchester can adopt. Our Manchester City badge represents the whole of Manchester City at its best

C_71_article_1419590_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

we've had red on some of our most famous kits, badges, its on the manchester coat of arms. nothing wrong with it
Totally agree. Love those kits.

On monochrome and one colour badges like above we should lose the rose. If it can't be in red then it shouldn't be there.

So why remove the words 'Football Club' or the initials 'FC'?
It is exactly to pamper modernist ideas wrapped up and hidden in tradition & history.
A clever move by the club to be fair.

they removed the FC part because City Group are a world wide brand, consequently everybody knows we are a football club.

I think you make an excellent point. The reveal by the club was planned so that we could see it as it should be seen and the IPO website which, unusually and surprisingly published it immediately instead of after Boxing Day as planned, and the MEN article meant that the flat low quality images on the IPO site were what we saw without comment etc. it really did damage the efforts the club had made and what they had planned. The fact that Vicky Kloss was just one of the many key MCFC personnel in the consultation/badge reveal space prematch on Boxing Day demonstrates that the club genuinely cared about fans' opinions and so on. It makes me laugh that some, including the BBC who really should know better, talked about Blue Peter - have they not seen City's earlier badges or the Manc COA? Perhaps Blue Peter copied City's original badge, after all it predates Blue Peter by several decades!

I know a lot of us have talked previously about using the Manc COA on shirts - that was problematical - but now we have a badge that Manchester can adopt. Our Manchester City badge represents the whole of Manchester City at its best
It's not so much the choice of symbols that create the comparison with the Blue Peter badge but the way the symbols are presented.

The ships both look "comic sans" like with needless shading, which is why many have associated it as "cartoonish"

Teams that do NOT have the words 'football club' or 'FC' on their club badges

Arsenal
Everton
Crystal Palace
The Scum
Newcastle
Norwich
Stoke
Tottenham
Watford
West Brom
West Ham

so i guess that its not important, and we all know that Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham, West Brom, West Ham are all football clubs dont we?

It's not so much the choice of symbols that create the comparison with the Blue Peter badge but the way the symbols are presented.

The ships both look "comic sans" like with needless shading, which is why many have associated it as "cartoonish"

dmbdcj.jpg

how in any way does that look cartoonish, the symbols are pretty much the same as on the old badges. you seem to be only looking at digital images, it doesn't look anything like that when its on the shirt. which is what matters

dmbdcj.jpg

how in any way does that look cartoonish, the symbols are pretty much the same as on the old badges. you seem to be only looking at digital images, it doesn't look anything like that when its on the shirt. which is what matters
Totally agree and so do the majority of people on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.