Club Badge (merged)

And your point would be?

The Manchester coat of arms:
sgcSAVc.jpg

From 1842: http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/con.../110209_manchester_coat_of_arms_feature.shtml and yes those sails are shaded.

Edit: Hmm, there's a link in there that insists on being invisible, no idea why.
What planet is on the CoA exactly? The one in which the Manchester bees are working.

...Maybe it's a planet in another galaxy represented in foresight. "Manchester, where intergalactic industrialisation started."

Also, when was the last time you saw an antelope and a lion with a small fort on it's head in Manchester?

they removed the FC part because City Group are a world wide brand, consequently everybody knows we are a football club.

When people says things like we are a 'brand' it is a glib, soundbite that they have probably heard elsewhere so feel they can quote the meaningless words also without any real knowledge or understanding of exactly what a 'brand' is.

If City is now a 'brand' then please explain the following:

What is the core product or service of the 'brand'?
What does the 'brand' actually represent or articulate?
How is the removal of the words 'Football Club' relevant to the brand hierarchy?

Last edited:
Concept pictures of the new badge on the new kits. I really hope that Nike use the white logo this time. Navy on blue doesn't look good at all, this looks much better.

could just be a case of dis-associating FC, Football Club and especially MCFC from City, having created Melbourne City and in effect making them MCFC (think this is the catalyst for changing the badge eventually), to rebrand us just as Manchester City.

think having nothing that says its a football badge is a flaw, even having a football in place of the rose is a better option in imo. In 38 years iof life and 30 years supporting City, i've never associated them in Lancashire, even though it was part of the old crest, its something never bothered with.

so personally, i'll be mentally seeing a football instead...

CXWLmgLWQAADwnB.jpg

Last edited:
could just be a case of dis-associating FC, Football Club and especially MCFC from City, having created Melbourne City and in effect making them MCFC (think this is the catalyst for changing the badge eventually), to rebrand us just as Manchester City.

think having nothing that says its a football badge is a flaw, even having a football in place of the rose is a better option in imo. In 38 years iof life and 30 years supporting City, i've never associated them in Lancashire, even though it was part of the old crest, its something never bothered with.

so personally, i'll be mentally seeing a maroon football instead...

CXWLmhkWMAAnk5a.jpg

That is the perfect solution to the lack of FC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.