Club Badge (merged)

Have no problem with the rose - or flowers in general.

Just never liked the color red. And I don't think it helps that teams I tend to dislike wear that color. ;)

If you can't spell colour I doubt you are much of a Lancastrian anyway so who cares?

CXZMPD6WwAAG5JS.jpg:large

Why are people concerned at the omission of FC? If you don't get that we are football club by now then you really have to question yourself! The current aberration doesn't even say City on it and there wasn't a groundswell of disapproval about that, far more sacrilege in my view. And as for the red rose detractors, it's a tip to our history and roots, we started in Lancashire so it's correct to have it in there. It would only take more boundary and local admin tinkering from a Government and we could be back in the Red Rose County at the drop of a hat.

Why are people concerned at the omission of FC? If you don't get that we are football club by now then you really have to question yourself! The current aberration doesn't even say City on it and there wasn't a groundswell of disapproval about that, far more sacrilege in my view. And as for the red rose detractors, it's a tip to our history and roots, we started in Lancashire so it's correct to have it in there. It would only take more boundary and local admin tinkering from a Government and we could be back in the Red Rose County at the drop of a hat.
As far as I'm concerned we still are. Whenever I send letters/cards back down south I always include 'Lancs' above the postcode.

Said from the off that it's not perfect - although I can't define perfect in this case - but it's fine. When you see the percenatge of votes certain elements received and read some of the complaints, you start to realise how much the designer(s) got right.

All the stuff about it not having football club or FC on the badge is my idea of a fuss about nothing and, imo, shortsighted.

As someone born in Manchester in the 60's, I consider myself to be from Lancashire (2nd to MCR of course) and grew up with the rose on the City badge so I voted to have it on there; IIRC, 60% of those that took part in the badge survey did, so it is there with good reason.

I just hope that the team's future shirts feature a properly embrodered version of the new badge. The next home shirt surely has to be a throw back, round white collar, plain sky blue body and the club badge in the middle, so as to introduce the new badge properly.
No, no, no. Did you not know that the survey results were put in the bin and the designers carried on with the design that had been on the board for months previously? It must be true, someone posted it earlier.

No, no, no. Did you not know that the survey results were put in the bin and the designers carried on with the design that had been on the board for months previously? It must be true, someone posted it earlier.
That's absolutely untrue (I'm sure there's some sarcasm in there). Personally, I wouldn't blame City if they never consulted with fans again after this. According to some when the consultation opened the club had designed a NYCFC copycat badge months ago that was going to be foisted on us after the fake consultation closed. There were all sorts of conspiracy theories on this thread never mind the others on other forums. Ultimately, City asked fans about the elements that mattered to them. They made it clear they wouldn't be bringing back an old badge but they would design one based on feedback. They've done that and produced stats. They deserve praise for what they've done - though to be frank all clubs should follow City's lead and it should be normal business practice. If FCUM had consulted with fans in this way it'd be held up as the model, and yet here is a leading European club doing it.

There are elements on the badge I personally did not vote for, but I do respect the popularity of these elements and so I totally support the new badge and, more importantly, the process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.