Club Badge (merged)

could just be a case of dis-associating FC, Football Club and especially MCFC from City, having created Melbourne City and in effect making them MCFC (think this is the catalyst for changing the badge eventually), to rebrand us just as Manchester City.

think having nothing that says its a football badge is a flaw, even having a football in place of the rose is a better option in imo. In 38 years iof life and 30 years supporting City, i've never associated them in Lancashire, even though it was part of the old crest, its something never bothered with.

so personally, i'll be mentally seeing a football instead...

CXWLmgLWQAADwnB.jpg
Oh god no.

How can there be a removal of words that were never on there?

Why not focus on the inclusion of the words 'Manchester' and 'City'

So what do the initials 'FC' stand for then?
Those initials have been on the club badge since the 1960's at least.
The current mongrel of a badge didn't have them but it does have a made up eagle and meaningless stars
if that is what you mean?
The initials FC' have been on the badge before you were even born.

The current mongrel of a badge didn't have them but it does have a made up eagle and meaningless stars
None of what you said there is relevant to my post.

The words football club haven't been removed as they were never there.

The badge is a huge improvement on the current badge and now includes our actual name.

Fair enough if you wish they were added but not everyone thinks it looks better with them on there and it's not going to change now.

As it's obvious that we are a football club, there's no real need to include that on the badge. Looks better without it too.

A badge is for the johnny come latelys. We didn't start using the badge on the club kit until he 70's

Have a look on the squad photos for 1969 with the league, charity shield and FA Cup or the following year with the Cup Winners Cup and the League Cup.

There was a badge on the track suit but once they started playing I still managed to recognise my own team without a badge. A badge is just a label for the insecure

A badge is for the johnny come latelys. We didn't start using the badge on the club kit until he 70's

Have a look on the squad photos for 1969 with the league, charity shield and FA Cup or the following year with the Cup Winners Cup and the League Cup.

There was a badge on the track suit but once they started playing I still managed to recognise my own team without a badge. A badge is just a label for the insecure
Good point.

here is a cursor made with the new badge (i cant upload it as an image cos image host servers dont allow .cur uploads) so here it is in rapidget

Code:
http://rg.to/file/a353deeb4e5d984e0a51d4b4a9aac7a0/MCFC.cur.html

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.