Club Badge (merged)

If you can't spell colour I doubt you are much of a Lancastrian anyway so who cares?

Sorry I didn't grow up in the right neighbourhood.

Peace offering?

rose_zpshua3hgco.jpg

New Zealand (the actual country) came up with a long list of 40, then allowed the nation to vote on 5 to chose the contender for the current flag next year.

If a country can do that with its national flag, you would think a football club could do it with a badge. However the club are not certain to get the badge they want that way are they....

New Zealand (the actual country) came up with a long list of 40, then allowed the nation to vote on 5 to chose the contender for the current flag next year.

If a country can do that with its national flag, you would think a football club could do it with a badge. However the club are not certain to get the badge they want that way are they....

Living in NZ at the moment and the flag process here is a shambles. Stinks of the PM wanting a legacy and a large amount of people aren't bothered.

Most of the flags are unpopular and general concensus was thay they wanted british colours out the flag. Then the one with red, white and blue got the most votes.

Just shows that any change of flag/logo/identity is difficult. You can't please all and a lot of people just don't want change.

They don't even know if enough people will go to the polls about the flag here.

That's absolutely untrue (I'm sure there's some sarcasm in there). Personally, I wouldn't blame City if they never consulted with fans again after this. According to some when the consultation opened the club had designed a NYCFC copycat badge months ago that was going to be foisted on us after the fake consultation closed. There were all sorts of conspiracy theories on this thread never mind the others on other forums. Ultimately, City asked fans about the elements that mattered to them. They made it clear they wouldn't be bringing back an old badge but they would design one based on feedback. They've done that and produced stats. They deserve praise for what they've done - though to be frank all clubs should follow City's lead and it should be normal business practice. If FCUM had consulted with fans in this way it'd be held up as the model, and yet here is a leading European club doing it.

There are elements on the badge I personally did not vote for, but I do respect the popularity of these elements and so I totally support the new badge and, more importantly, the process.

Well said - this thread has shown that we fans can be an ungrateful bunch that will find a reason to moan.

Are you aware of any other club acting so inclusively? I am not.

As you say - would they do so again? I would not blame them if not.

Last edited:

I think the club did more than enough (certainly more than anyone else has) to include the fans thoughts. In the end though you have to let the professionals do their job, you can't create a new badge using a fans committee. You'd end up with a camel on the shield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.