Club Badge (merged)

Those who say the club have properly consulted the fans on this are either extremely naive or are living in cloud cuckoo land.

the badge was designed by the club months ago and theyve been working backwards on more or less the finished design ever since. The lack of vote on a short list of badges confirms this. It was a complete and utter stitch up. That's the powers that bes prerogative, I get that, just be open about it.

Now theres Gary saying he wouldn't blame the club if they didn't consult fans on future projects, on the back of one that was completely untransparent. Unbelievable.

Those who say the club have properly consulted the fans on this are either extremely naive or are living in cloud cuckoo land.

the badge was designed by the club months ago and theyve been working backwards on more or less the finished design ever since. The lack of vote on a short list of badges confirms this. It was a complete and utter stitch up. That's the powers that bes prerogative, I get that, just be open about it.

Now theres Gary saying he wouldn't blame the club if they didn't consult fans on future projects, on the back of one that was completely untransparent. Unbelievable.
Based on what? Are you accusing The club and Gary James amongst others of lying, if so I think a bit of evidence might help.

New Zealand (the actual country) came up with a long list of 40, then allowed the nation to vote on 5 to chose the contender for the current flag next year.

If a country can do that with its national flag, you would think a football club could do it with a badge. However the club are not certain to get the badge they want that way are they....

Having watched this, I find myself wishing that City had let fans submit designs for consideration.... ;)

Well said - this thread has shown that we fans can be an ungrateful bunch that will find a reason to moan.

Are you aware of any other club acting so inclusively? I am not.

As you say - would they do so again? I would not blame them if not.

The whole point is so that they don't have to change it again for at least a couple of generations. It is the fault of the club as an entity, not the current owners, that we have faffed around with different badges over different generations, that fans have varying tastes and wishes.

Fans can moan as much as they want, I find it hilarious that you are moaning about people moaning. Like you look for a reason to moan just as much.

For all we know the club have had this new badge in mind when they created Melbourne City. They have added the idea of 'City' as the brand for a number of years now, so ditching the FC or Football Club isnt a massive shock. Maybe the club used the badge consultation to verify that what they wanted to do was in line with the supporters to back up their plans. I sincerely doubt that the fans consultation was the 100% key factor in the design of the badge, it was just a part of it. I'd rather they had just done what they wanted, said "get used to it", saying '"look at our track record, have we let you down yet?"

Fans still have the choice to have their favourite badge, use what they want as 'their' badge. doesn't make them less of a fan. I suspect a lot of the disgruntled fans will just get used to it, some ardent ones wont accept certain bits, but thats all part it all.

Hopefully, now, we can have some continuity for the generations to come and draw a line over the subject.

The whole point is so that they don't have to change it again for at least a couple of generations. It is the fault of the club as an entity, not the current owners, that we have faffed around with different badges over different generations, that fans have varying tastes and wishes.

Fans can moan as much as they want, I find it hilarious that you are moaning about people moaning. Like you look for a reason to moan just as much.

For all we know the club have had this new badge in mind when they created Melbourne City. They have added the idea of 'City' as the brand for a number of years now, so ditching the FC or Football Club isnt a massive shock. Maybe the club used the badge consultation to verify that what they wanted to do was in line with the supporters to back up their plans. I sincerely doubt that the fans consultation was the 100% key factor in the design of the badge, it was just a part of it. I'd rather they had just done what they wanted, said "get used to it", saying '"look at our track record, have we let you down yet?"

Fans still have the choice to have their favourite badge, use what they want as 'their' badge. doesn't make them less of a fan. I suspect a lot of the disgruntled fans will just get used to it, some ardent ones wont accept certain bits, but thats all part it all.

Hopefully, now, we can have some continuity for the generations to come and draw a line over the subject.

Are you going to stop moaning about the badge now and about people moaning about moaners

When I first did the consultation I hoped the new badge would have all the elements it has bar the date (as we have 2 dates to a lot of fans, the roots of the club and the change in the club along with our name).
When I first saw the IPO picture I disliked the badge, and like many at first look, bemoaned the lack of F.C.
Now a week after originally seeing it I still think it is not as good as the rose badge, but that is probably because I grew up with it, however it is a nice smart badge that represents the city and club well and a vast improvement on that eagle bollocks, so I don't see how the consultation period has failed, seems a decent success to me.
It was never going to please everyone, but it seems the fans of the old badges who had a whinge have mainly come round to it so it is a bit silly on the lovers of it a to say fans are ungrateful. and the haters of it not to just accept than it is better than what we have and get behind it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.