Club Badge (merged)

That's absolutely untrue (I'm sure there's some sarcasm in there). Personally, I wouldn't blame City if they never consulted with fans again after this. According to some when the consultation opened the club had designed a NYCFC copycat badge months ago that was going to be foisted on us after the fake consultation closed. There were all sorts of conspiracy theories on this thread never mind the others on other forums. Ultimately, City asked fans about the elements that mattered to them. They made it clear they wouldn't be bringing back an old badge but they would design one based on feedback. They've done that and produced stats. They deserve praise for what they've done - though to be frank all clubs should follow City's lead and it should be normal business practice. If FCUM had consulted with fans in this way it'd be held up as the model, and yet here is a leading European club doing it.

There are elements on the badge I personally did not vote for, but I do respect the popularity of these elements and so I totally support the new badge and, more importantly, the process.

You're surprised that there is some scepticism that the survey was entirely genuine, and merely served box ticking exercise, and you wouldn't blame City if they never consulted us on anything again?

Nice one mate.

Hard not to interpret some of your posts as shilling to be honest.

Seeking the feedback of the supporters is the least we should expect for a change of this magnitude, I don't think it's this grand gesture that should be lauded. Also, I think the scepticism of many blues is more reflective of the lack of trust we have for the club suits from a perspective of doing right by the supporters/club heritage (not financially etc).

When you look at QPR and Everton giving their fans a clear and transparent vote on the new design of their badge, letting them actually pick from a few different designs, then yeah, our very most basic 'consultation' to trademarked official badge in a matter of weeks does seem like a box ticketing exercise.

I'm sure our input didn't count for entirely nothing, but I doubt it mattered all that much.

Someone else already has as stated earlier on page 162 link is that incorrect? No one has been able to clarify so far.

Ardwick did not receive any votes because Ardwick wasn't at that meeting. Dig out the contemporary reports. Who should we believe - the people who formed 'a new club for Manchester' and the journalists, League AGM minutes etc from the period or a writer writing over 100 years later who gets confused?

Everything before 1894 is important - vital even - in understanding City's story but the specific formation of MCFC is 1894. MUFC's formation is 1902 - City shouldn't bend the truth because Utd do.

Last edited:
You're surprised that there is some scepticism that the survey was entirely genuine, and merely served box ticking exercise, and you wouldn't blame City if they never consulted us on anything again?

Nice one mate.

Seeking the feedback of the supporters is the least we should expect for a change of this magnitude, I don't think it's this grand gesture that should be lauded. Also, I think the scepticism of many blues is more reflective of the lack of trust we have for the club suits from a perspective of doing right by the supporters/club heritage (not financially etc).

When you look at QPR and Everton giving their fans a clear and transparent vote on the new design of their badge, letting them actually pick from a few different designs, then yeah, our very most basic 'consultation' to trademarked official badge in a matter of weeks does seem like a box ticketing exercise.

I'm sure our input didn't count for entirely nothing, but I doubt it mattered all that much.

I can't believe I'm reading some of this. Didn't he say a consultation should be standard business practice. Also, Everton only changed their badge design after 20,000
signed a petition disagreeing with the first change that the club tried to implement without any consultation.

Nice one mate.

Have you seen the QPR badge options, they're virtually the same.
http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-club-crest-fans-vote-2852214.aspx

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.