Club Badge (merged)

How's your reading comprehension?

Nowhere in my comment do I discuss what I think of the badge, I'm touching on whether or not the consultation was genuine or a box ticking exercise designed to give us the impression our voice mattered.

I don't think our input counted for much, the survey was very limited and the new badge was churned out incredibly quickly with no option for a vote on a final design.

I don't think our input counted for nothing, but I think some of you are overestimating how much it counted for.

As to my thoughts about the badge, I'm pretty ambivalent about it. I half expected it to be worse, so I'm happy in that respect. It's about as inoffensive and generic as they could make it though, just a bit 'meh'. I however really don't like the fact there's no inclusion of the words 'football club' or 'FC', and I don't like the amount of Navy accents and the Navy text in it, doesn't look right IMO.

And as to your anecdotes, mine are pretty mixed, as per this forum. Season ticket holder besides me who's been going before I was born really doesn't like it, and we're in full agreement that there should have been a greater involvement of the supporters in the final design, for example a transparent vote on the final design out of a selection of a few.

That'd be real consultation that couldn't be at all accused of being a box ticking exercise, but that isn't what we got.

I'm not up in arms or anything though, just been left a bit disappointed by the whole charade.

I don't really understand the "vote" thing. What if you had disliked all the designs? Would you have voted? Or would you have asked for three additional designs to choose from? What if instead of a majority liking one design out of three, it had been a plurality? What does the club do then? Tweak all three and have a recount? That could go on forever.

How's your reading comprehension?

Nowhere in my comment do I discuss what I think of the badge, I'm touching on whether or not the consultation was genuine or a box ticking exercise designed to give us the impression our voice mattered.

I don't think our input counted for much, the survey was very limited and the new badge was churned out incredibly quickly with no option for a vote on a final design.

I don't think our input counted for nothing, but I think some of you are overestimating how much it counted for.

As to my thoughts about the badge, I'm pretty ambivalent about it. I half expected it to be worse, so I'm happy in that respect. It's about as inoffensive and generic as they could make it though, just a bit 'meh'. I however really don't like the fact there's no inclusion of the words 'football club' or 'FC', and I don't like the amount of Navy accents and the Navy text in it, doesn't look right IMO.

And as to your anecdotes, mine are pretty mixed, as per this forum. Season ticket holder besides me who's been going before I was born really doesn't like it, and we're in full agreement that there should have been a greater involvement of the supporters in the final design, for example a transparent vote on the final design out of a selection of a few.

That'd be real consultation that couldn't be at all accused of being a box ticking exercise, but that isn't what we got.

I'm not up in arms or anything though, just been left a bit disappointed by the whole charade.

Were you this upset when Franny foisted the three starred monstrosity on us?

Why is the Lancashire rose on there?

Ok Manchester WAS part of Lancashire, but hasn't been for 41 years now? are we going forward or going back here?
and correct me if I'm mistaken but I thought us proud 'Mancs' we're very porocial and savvy on the borders of Manchester?
We seem to cherry pick what we think is cool (rose image) but usually dismiss Lancashire as the farmland of inbred pie eaters - very confusing?
The badge of three rivers -blue and white ship (ship canal - trafford/salford border?) is nicer (aesthetically) but as confusing as the eagle.
Why the Manchester bee not make an appearance? more relevant than a neighbouring county's logo.

The club had made its mind up we were going back to a round badge and it would have been a fairly safe bet people wanted shut of the eagle,stars etc
The only bit they wouldn't have known would be rose or rivers.
They have done their own thing re the Manchester city
Although not finished most of that badge could have been prepared 12 months ago

Why is the Lancashire rose on there?

Ok Manchester WAS part of Lancashire, but hasn't been for 41 years now? are we going forward or going back here?
and correct me if I'm mistaken but I thought us proud 'Mancs' we're very porocial and savvy on the borders of Manchester?
We seem to cherry pick what we think is cool (rose image) but usually dismiss Lancashire as the farmland of inbred pie eaters - very confusing?
The badge of three rivers -blue and white ship (ship canal - trafford/salford border?) is nicer (aesthetically) but as confusing as the eagle.
Why the Manchester bee not make an appearance? more relevant than a neighbouring county's logo.

Greater Manchester and Merseyside are admistrative counties but are still and always will be geographically in Lancashire. Many people still say Manchester, Lancashire when they put their address, and to be technical Manchester was part of the Salford 100 a adminstrative county inside lancashire.
I personnaly consider myself Mancunian first, the Lancastrian and I was born after GM was formed.

Also the ship is not about the ship canal don't know why people think this.

The badge has tried to represent most things I would expect the bee got less votes than the rivers/rose.
I would have liked the bee and f.c. on it, but I will take what we got over the eagle any day

Forget bureaucratic borders of late 29th century artifice. We are a club formed in Lancashire, we are a club that is in a City historically pet of Lancashire. The club badge represents who we are, our heritage - of course the rose needed to be on, not only is it a core part of our history it also aesthetically improves the badge and was a key let of the badge that was our best badge.

Why all the whinging about the rose? People overwhelmingly wanted it and it is an important part of our identity

As for it being a farce - don't agree at all I think the feedback played a definite part in deciding the design and nearly every blue I have chatted too on this liked our 70's and 80's badge best and that is what we have gone back to - yes a few people are antsy about the FC and we could have added small Bees but overall it's a huge improvement and whilst most like it the club will never please the Main Stand moaners so why would they bother

Yeah, like I thought - very confusing, Greater Manchester and Merseyside are IN Lancashire you say?
Two counties in a county? nah.
They are their own counties and have been since 1974the badge is a hark back to the old one and I like it a lot
but Greater manchester is NOT in Lancashire, even Bolton and Wigan aren't much to their apparent disapproval.

City Lancashire? yeah We USED to be, so its a nostalgic badge, fair enough -I like the look of it, and it does improve the 'LOOK' of the badge
but I'd be laughing if I was a Preston or Blackburn fan.

Think the club have done a decent job with this

Didn't want the rose but others did and it's about the majority and not individual taste and I think it looks ok

We are now an institution and not just a football club we are now at a different level we once were and will progress even further under our owners

The badge in my eyes projects what the majority wanted

Yeah, like I thought - very confusing, Greater Manchester and Merseyside are IN Lancashire you say?
Two counties in a county? nah.
They are their own counties and have been since 1974the badge is a hark back to the old one and I like it a lot
but Greater manchester is NOT in Lancashire, even Bolton and Wigan aren't much to their apparent disapproval.

City Lancashire? yeah We USED to be, so its a nostalgic badge, fair enough -I like the look of it, and it does improve the 'LOOK' of the badge
but I'd be laughing if I was a Preston or Blackburn fan.

So metroplitan political borders are all that count? and historical, geographical borders dont count, I think they do as do many others but then I would still say is Birmingham still in Warrickshire. I understand there are some parts of GM that was never Lancashire, but the city of Manchester was administrively once and still is historically and geographically so resonates with many.
Doubt anyone in Lancashire cares if we use the rose or not.

I actually didn't think the rose would return for the reasons you say, but voted for it and seems a lot still feel Lancastrian or love for the rose badge.

Anyway it's done now and seems to be accepted by the majority, so it isn't going to be changed. We accepted the shite that was the eagle fo so long we can live with this.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.