Club Badge (merged)

This isn't aimed specifically at you Gx, but is the Red rose of Lancashire particularly relevant to us now? we are not part of Lancashire anymore.

Electorally and metropolitanary (if spelt that way ??)maybe but Geographically, Historically and deep in the soul we will always be Lancastrian, after all we all think yorkshires a shit hole at heart don't we?

This isn't aimed specifically at you Gx, but is the Red rose of Lancashire particularly relevant to us now? we are not part of Lancashire anymore.

No, you're right it doesn't anymore. I just like that badge and if we had to pick one of the 3 options presented to us on the email City sent then that would certainly be my choice. I also just wanted to see what it looked like on the kit we had today.

I don't think it was the badge that did it to be honest as it's the same badge we had under Pearce.

Yes, we had Peter Swales, Alan Ball, John Benson, Frank Clarke, Sam Ellis, Howard Kendal with the old round one. Too many bad memories, maybe a few tweaks with the current one.

Hmm... So because the St. Marks Cross is similar/if not the same to the Maltese cross, why include this as well?

I'm sure The Connell family wondered why include a symbol all the way from Malta when we have no connection to this place?

The Red Rose is far closer to home than a fucking bee and a Lion... when was the last time you saw a Lion in town?
As for bee's.. that's even more rare.

$_35.JPG

Hmm... So because the St. Marks Cross is similar/if not the same to the Maltese cross, why include this as well?

I'm sure The Connell family wondered why include a symbol all the way from Malta when we have no connection to this place?

The Red Rose is far closer to home than a fucking bee and a Lion... when was the last time you saw a Lion in town?
As for bee's.. that's even more rare.

you may note I said particularly relevant. The last time I checked the bees, and lion are still on the Manchester crest, in which city we reside. The cross you refer to is/was symbolic only. Apart from that, great post.

Electorally and metropolitanary (if spelt that way ??)maybe but Geographically, Historically and deep in the soul we will always be Lancastrian, after all we all think yorkshires a shit hole at heart don't we?

I don't think anyone below 35 cares in the slightest about Lancashire/Yorkshire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.