Club Badge (merged)

Corrected.......god damn know nowt glory hunter
It was fifth the previous year too - wow a very rare moment of consistency ... just to lull me in.

Just looked it up and it seems we have only finished in the same position year on year twice in our entire history.
1974-1975 & 1975-1976 - 8th
1990-1991 & 1991-1992 - 5th

Lets hope that this year isn't the 3rd time.

Check out my embroidery skills ;)
Just make the red/maroon Sky blue, the ship black with that St.Marks white cross (white cross on gold ship means nothing), get rid of the white lines that make it look like 3 rivers and 3 pathways (or 6 rivers) and make the sky behind the ship sky blue and it's sorted. See if you can make the rivers white (like the current badge) whilst keeping the shield gold.

It also might look better with F.C. at the bottom instead of Football Club (or a Rose for pro-rose citizens - probably look too busy though).

could we not just use the manchester coat of arms ?
That was on a retro black & red shirt I bought a while ago. It looks very good. A bit busy maybe but another of our past designs. The more I think about this whole issue I only want one of the first three City badges. My preference is the rose ( I grew up with it) but id be happy with either of the first three. The fourth ie eagle has been the biggest mistake city has made in their 131 year history. Please don't mess this up City. We are not Nycfc or Melbourne although I do like the Nycfc badge (because its a brand new club & the badge reflects that).

In my opinion the current badge and all previous ones are too detailed and do not immediately identify the club. In the current modern media branding, a simple, uncluttered design works better. For example, think of Nike with the swoosh, for football badges Arsenal with the artillery piece, Spurs and the cockerel, Liverpool with the Liver Bird or even Derby County with the ram all have a single, one dimensional image which is easily recognisable. I would have thought this is the type of image the club would be looking for if they are looking at a global market. Anyone any ideas of what such a badge for City would look like?

It was fifth the previous year too - wow a very rare moment of consistency ... just to lull me in.

Just looked it up and it seems we have only finished in the same position year on year twice in our entire history.
1974-1975 & 1975-1976 - 8th
1990-1991 & 1991-1992 - 5th

Lets hope that this year isn't the 3rd time.

Don't play the know it all now. Us long term sufferers didn't have to google that ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.