Club Badge (merged)

Latest - Sky haven't filmed it and it looks like they won't be filmed, so please if you can book on to one of the talks. This link gives videos on the history of the badges, more info and details of how to book on - http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2015/October/Badge-Consultation. I would urge everyone who can to book a place. These talks have been offered via the website since 17/10, so places may be limited.

Only just really switched onto all this badge stuff.

Whilst I don't mind our current creation, I can understand most people's longing for the older circular one. However I agree with one of the earlier posts in that commercially, we may be looking for trouble updating it now or in the coming years, due to it's branding and position, but if we could, I'd like to see something like this -

1) The circular badge as used from the 70's to 1997, with the same shield design and colouring, i.e black, gold & blue would be the core of the new design.This is the strongest and most bold / stand out, of all our badges.
2) The ship would remain within the top half of the shield and the three rivers would be in the bottom half. This defines the City of Manchester in total.
3) The final element would be to introduce the "Superbia In Proelio" - "Pride In Battle" motto sash which would either lie directly across the centre of the shield, or "drape" over the bottom half across the 3 rivers section. It defines our more modern history and the MCFC of today, as we have fought back from the depths of 3rd tier football to the heights of English champions.

It uses elements from all 3 historical badges, but loses the blandness of the original 30's circular one, the red rose from the 70's version, and the Eagle and stars from the current look. - Maybe freshen up the design a little, but I'd be happy with that.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Trade Mark Law applies within the European Union.
Its unenforceable elsewhere - how do you think the street tailors of China and Taiwan and many other areas of the South East Asian continent get away with knocking TM stuff out by the millions?

Great post, totally agree with this. The only connection the eaglr has to City is a designer from Kappa in 1997 liked it and they happened to be doing our kits that year. Same with the latin and stars.

The eagle has some obscure connection to Manchester for a few years in the 50s, but I doubt many knew much about it before 1997.

We've got the opportunity to have a badge that is instantly recognisable as Mancunian, instantly recognisable as City. A badge that represents our past and future. The round badge with ship and 3 river shield does all of those things.
I'd be a little careful about wanting the badge with the "3 rivers on it",i'm not sure those diagonal stripes do represent the Irwell,Irk & Medlock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.