Club Badge (merged)

I look forward to the reveal and explanantion for aspects such as the oversized shield and no "FC" or "Football Club" and why the City isn't curved.

Like when they release a new kit and try to pass off every thread as having some bollocks significance that they've made up to justify it.

I can't decide. Up close next to NYCFC it looks better, further away it looks weaker and a bit confused with the rose on the blue stripes. I love the retro feel, I love that Manchester stands out on it's own but I do think it looks like a shit brewery logo with City in straight text at the bottom on it's own, where Football Club makes it look more balanced and bolder. Black rather than navy blue also probably makes it look bolder and links to St.Marks. Next to our current badge it doesn't look worse, but it makes Wigan's look better. I've always liked Leicester's badge but this leaked one probably make it looks much better than ours.

Is anyone kind enough to list our badge against other tops teams (e.g. Barca, Roma, Real Madrid, Inter, AC Milan, Atletico, Bayern) logo images (all the same size) so we can see what the leaked badge looks like on the world stage?

I don't like it but I'm laughing my cock off at all the eagle outers who don't like it ,,,
all those making the big noise who wanted the big change, no eagle on my crest Lol

Be carful what you wish for you just may get it ...

In fact reading your displeasure at it is the only shining light in tho whole situation ...

Eagle inside the round not looking to bad now is it ...

Lol

Merry Christmas to all you blues and peace to all man kind

Except the designer team and eagle outers
There just dicks

I wanted the eagle but this badge looks fine

Before I sign off for Xmas, I pass on my modest legal view with some asthetic considerations thrown in.

1. FC - 'Manchester City' cannot be confused with any other organisation. hence why the Rags have ditched it.

2. Words - the Manchester at the top is emphatic and the City stands alone. We are often now called this around the world. I heard Ranieri call us 'City' the other day and so there you go. Not a bad thing, in my view.

3. 1894 - Again, resonates around the world. The dippers use their 1892 ad nauseum. Whilst our heritage is obvious to us, that's unlikely to be the case in, say, China, but where history and continuity are highly valued assets. If only our @Gary James has the opportunity to educate the British Media away from their 1992 obsession.

4. Colours - Multicolours will go down well with most. With respect, us moaners are a rather conservative lot. Out in the world of punters, they like bling. Is one colour Gold? It will shine under lights. The red also stands out and gives the badge individuality. As a born and bred Mancunian, I find being told that I am not from Lancashire very insulting. Others don't mind, obviously. Furthermore, I don't know but guess that there are spot colours being used [as opposed to standard pantones]. This makes copying both more difficult and more expensive.

5. Design - The circle is tidy and confident looking, much like Chelsea's, for example. I'd say that the overlapping shield also provides further protection against copying. Of course, someone will have a go but they will never get the colour and design exactly right.

Overall, it makes sense to me. I worked with the IPOs 20 years ago, They are probably the best in Manchester and so no surprise the club have engaged them. If you get the chance, read the classes that the trade marks are being applied for. The mind boggles. Onwards and upwards.

Merry Christmas from a wet and windy Manchester. Peace, Love and Freedom for all.

That is a ell considered post.

Thank you.

More I see it, more I like it. Would have preferred football club, and the badge within the inner circle. But small issues really.

General opinion from non-City is positive. Which doesnt happen often.
Not from those I have been talking to (several who have contacted me to share their negative opinion). But perhaps it is different circles and different people. I am sure everyone will learn to accept it eventually, though.

Not from those I have been talking to (several who have contacted me to share their negative opinion). But perhaps it is different circles and different people. I am sure everyone will learn to accept it eventually, though.

from looking at a few other forums a lot of other fans seem to like it, the retro feel seems to be the biggest positive.

I think for me my biggest disappointment is that the badge, like other have suggested looks cartoony. I was hoping for something much more elegant in terms of the design, akin to some of Gavs excellent examples. Also I don't think the rose works, and I don't have an issue with having a rose per se, but it doesn't look right. Also I am not over keen on the shading on the sails either. I have to admit though that I don't mind the omission of F.C or football club as "Manchester City" or even "City" is who we are and recognised as such elsewhere.

For those who keep asking why it looks cartoony from my perspective it's the shield and more specifically the thick border round the outside of the shield. If you look at the outline of the shield and the cartoon examples below you might see where I am coming from.

GB50110000003141842.jpg

latest

Rigby-regular-show-31749204-637-358.jpg

clarence.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.