Club Statement (confirmed that Mancini sacked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
afgtnk said:
NoahCity said:
afgtnk said:
Go follow Chelsea.
how are we like Chelsea?! Mancini has been here longer than any of Chelsea's managers under RA!

We're headed in the same direction with this pathetic decision.

Mangers doesn't win trophies - Sack him
Manager wins trophies - Sack him anyway

I think there is more to it than just not winning a trophy.

From watching us play it looked to me as though the players weren't playing for him, just going through the motions, so to me he'd lost the dressing room and had to go.

Blaming lack the board for a lack of transfer activity for our poor season is a cop out too as isn't his job to coach players ? The quality is in the squad but he failed to get the best out them this season and paid the ultimate price.

Shame it only took 12 months from hero to this and not handled well by the club but i feel the right decision has been made.

Was never really fond of Mancini when he arrived, but if we've sacked Mancini for Pellegrini, I'll be convinced the owners are clueless. Pellegrini is at best a step sideways and more likely a step backwards.<br /><br />-- Mon May 13, 2013 10:29 pm --<br /><br />
macmanson said:
Was never really fond of Mancini when he arrived, but if we've sacked Mancini for Pellegrini, I'll be convinced the owners are clueless. Pellegrini is at best a step sideways and more likely a step backwards.

Club's official statement sounds like a snake oil salesman's pitch as well. Should have just kept it short, rather than try to explain themselves. Did a terrible job with Hughes and almost as equally bad this time.

Shaelumstash said:
Absolutely fucking disgusted.

"Failed to reach targets" We finished 2nd For Fucks Sake. They've set the benchmark now, don't win the league and you're out.

The club has now become everything we always hoped it wouldn't.

I think reading between the lines imo the reason he's gone is that first he's constantly having a pop at either a player or other member of the management structure ie Marwood in public. Behind closed doors fair enough but to do it in the public domain was always going to cause an issue. Consequently he's lost the players, look at that criticism of Kompany there was no need for any of that to come into the public domain. Couple all that with the team going backwards, 30 goals less scored at least 8 points shy of last season and thats if we win the next two matches it may be a lot worse than that. Also some of the performances on the field have been anything other than that of Champions. The worst points total by an English club in the Chumps league we took that record from Blackburn. His summer buys were awful with the exception of Nastasci. Baffling tactics players being asked to play systems they hadn't a clue about, ie three at the back. He had to go, but I thank him for what he has achieved, I wish him well in his next job probably where he can be nearer to his family, the club moves on and they will have my full support. The one thing about this is that at least Bergestini and Sorano can get their man into the hot seat so I don't think we will go down the Chelsea route.

What happened last summer?

"No, I do not want to go to Manchester."

"Why not?"

"I cannot play for that man."

No. No. No. It was everyone and everything BUT him. He wore a scarf. He had nice hair. Tevez was simultaneously brain-dead and Mensa material, cunning, cunning Tevez. Even nice Vincent has been brought to the foot of the scaffold.

You do understand that when targeted players refuse to move for personal reasons, they aren't always what are assumed.

Now then, did you all see the way Fergies lads were looking at him the other day after the match? Did you watch them closely? They love him. Fatty snapper Anderson, Camel, Stan, Ginger Prick, Clunk-Click, Quato,... the lot of them. As unbelievable as it may seem, they were hanging on his every word. What did he say to them, "Never let yourselves down" and he praised them. In front of all those rags he praised them all. He meant it, and they knew he meant it.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Shaelumstash said:
Absolutely fucking disgusted.

"Failed to reach targets" We finished 2nd For Fucks Sake. They've set the benchmark now, don't win the league and you're out.

The club has now become everything we always hoped it wouldn't.

I think reading between the lines imo the reason he's gone is that first he's constantly having a pop at either a player or other member of the management structure ie Marwood in public. Behind closed doors fair enough but to do it in the public domain was always going to cause an issue. Consequently he's lost the players, look at that criticism of Kompany there was no need for any of that to come into the public domain. Couple all that with the team going backwards, 30 goals less scored at least 8 points shy of last season and thats if we win the next two matches it may be a lot worse than that. Also some of the performances on the field have been anything other than that of Champions. The worst points total by an English club in the Chumps league we took that record from Blackburn. His summer buys were awful with the exception of Nastasci. Baffling tactics players being asked to play systems they hadn't a clue about, ie three at the back. He had to go, but I thank him for what he has achieved, I wish him well in his next job probably where he can be nearer to his family, the club moves on and they will have my full support. The one thing about this is that at least Bergestini and Sorano can get their man into the hot seat so I don't think we will go down the Chelsea route.

Well, I agree with the Marwood criticism. Saying that there were no quality players and hence buying fourth and fifth choices does make it sound like he was out of his depth.
Players like that Coutinho of Liverpool are just gems waiting to be found if we only do a proper research..

Pretty good piece in Mail for once..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2324053/Roberto-Mancini-sacked-Manchester-City-having-friends-counts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ounts.html</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.