Club Statement (confirmed that Mancini sacked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes without saying that our appreciation should go on record. Should Roberto been given another season - yes, in my opinion. The fact remains however that after last season this has been poorer, and many players have not been as good - hart, nasri, silva, aguero, yaya - have all played little poorer than last year, and then add in the lescott & tevez debates. Why though? Poor management? Team of mercenaries who won title & thought Wigan would just roll over? Maybe a mix of both, and maybe that is why board saw fit to sack Roberto today. Only time will tell if they were correct, but maybe, just maybe we should have taken a leaf out of rags book and gave him time, just as they did with SAF?<br /><br />-- Mon May 13, 2013 10:26 pm --<br /><br />It goes without saying that our appreciation should go on record. Should Roberto been given another season - yes, in my opinion. The fact remains however that after last season this has been poorer, and many players have not been as good - hart, nasri, silva, aguero, yaya - have all played little poorer than last year, and then add in the lescott & tevez debates. Why though? Poor management? Team of mercenaries who won title & thought Wigan would just roll over? Maybe a mix of both, and maybe that is why board saw fit to sack Roberto today. Only time will tell if they were correct, but maybe, just maybe we should have taken a leaf out of rags book and gave him time, just as they did with SAF?

citytill1die84 said:
I don't like José mate but the owners want us to be the best and we need the best to help us and that he is.

i wonder if he said fuck off to rags earlier this week; he is the one with a really raggy attitude. i want him nowhere near City, i never liked the Champions League so much that i could stand this arrogant dog at the head for several years.

bacuzzi said:
All you 'please grow up crowd' are forgetting that the shafting of Mancini commenced last year with Marwood a prime conspirator. You are also forgetting that we THREW AN FA CUP FINAL ffs....!!!!
Did the players also throw the game at Southampton or were we just shit?

wow sad to see him go, he should've been given more time. If there were someone to be sacked its some of the players who couldnt give a fuck....
Good luck, Mancini.

I am a utd fan btw.

Danny St.helens CTID said:
Disgracefull, we are a laughing stock yet again, how this has been handled is disgusting, fcuk off city
Don't let the door hit you and Mancini on the way out.

Does la liga and our US tour finish around the same time?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the Spanish league finishes end of May so timings would fit if as expected Pellegrini is the chosen one

I will always be thankful to Mancini for the past three years and will certainly never forget 12 months ago BUT whether we like it or not City are a business and like any business results count. In my job I'm expected to deliver and if I fail to meet my objectives there's a chance I'll be walking away with a P45 in my hand, but sadly not the £7m in compensation.

Mancini's been given the assets and failed to get the best out of them, if the board had not acted and we saw a similar pattern next year, what then? Sack the manager, sure but that may be half way through the season and we all know the upheaval that can cause.

The board's taken a calculated risk, they've put there knackers on the line and I'm gonna support them. It's never plane sailing enjoy the ride.

Sad, but it's clear from what's being reported that working relationships in the club had broken down and that a number of players were disillusioned.

I'm glad we can start to look forward again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.