Club Statement (Mancini sacked) (Cont)

cityisblue said:
That official club statement is without class..really sad to have ended it with those words...
Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: “Roberto’s record speaks for itself and he has the respect and gratitude of Sheikh Mansour, myself and the Board for all of his hard work and commitment over the last three and a half years. He has clearly also secured the love and respect of our fans. He has done as he promised and delivered silverware and success, breaking the Club’s 35-year trophy drought and securing the title in 2012. I would like to personally and publicly thank him for his dedication to the progress that he has overseen and for his support and continued friendship."

Assistant Manager Brian Kidd will take interim responsibility for the remaining two games of the season and the post-season tour to the United States.
that reads OK to me, what's the problem?

Roberto was magnificent and we all owe him a huge debt of gratitude for bringing long overdue success to the club. However his man management, inability to change tactics, and the failure to cope with European football, have all led us to a point where a change is probably good. It's not all his fault though and senior management and the players need to look at themselves and decide how much of the blame they should carry too!

moomba said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
The problem for the players I guess is that it appears few of them actually liked Mancini because of his alleged arrogance and superiority complex. So, they can play for the club and win and let the guy they dislike take all of the credit for it or they can play the way they actually did - with no passion, determination or pride.

Doesn't say much for their professionalism if that was the case.

It would be if this wasn't the second time it happened. Same thing happened at Inter too.

He's an awful man manager, we saw it from the first months. If they quit, those players did the club and the fans a huge favour by sparing us another season of this shit.

Blue Haze said:
moomba said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
The problem for the players I guess is that it appears few of them actually liked Mancini because of his alleged arrogance and superiority complex. So, they can play for the club and win and let the guy they dislike take all of the credit for it or they can play the way they actually did - with no passion, determination or pride.

It would be if this wasn't the second time it happened. Same thing happened at Inter too.

He's an awful man manager, we saw it from the first months. If they quit, those players did the club and the fans a huge favour by sparing us another season of this shit.
No.

I don't care who they are. Giving a collective ultimatum to the board is one things, but a lack of effort on the pitch is just inexcusable, insulting and cowardly.

Blue Haze said:
moomba said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:

If players would rather lose and get the manager sacked than win and let the manager take credit (as was suggested in the post I quoted) they are unprofessional.

What Mancini has done in the past (league winner in his last year at Inter) has absolutely nothing to do with that.

FWIW I'm not suggesting any player in our squad would rather lose than win.

Blue Haze said:
moomba said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:

You would actually be happy for players to put a poor performance in to get the manager the sack?

Bluemoon115 said:
No.

I don't care who they are. Giving a collective ultimatum to the board is one things, but a lack of effort on the pitch is just inexcusable, insulting and cowardly.
I'm not sure what some people see, I didn't see a team not trying on Saturday, just a team that played poorly, as a result of the tactics of another teams manager, there weren't any of our players not trying in my eyes, they were just shit, as were teh managers tactics, and lack of ability to change.

The cookie monster said:
Blue Haze said:
moomba said:

You would actually be happy for players to put a poor performance in to get the manager the sack?

No, because I think he was a goner either way. Performance was only part of it, burning bridges with so many people in the club ultimately doomed him. If you're going to act like you know best, you better not slip.

The players were utterly confused by Wigan's tactics. We tried to play through the middle and they refused, playing around and through us. Mancini has one tactic and when it doesn't work, there is nothing left but to sit back and watch the inevitable as we did so many times against Everton, Arsenal, Sunderland, etc.

Blue Haze said:
moomba said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:

If they quit, those players did the club and the fans a huge favour by sparing us another season of this shit.

I'm not having this, ever.
You play for the shirt and give 100%, regardless of any personal beef.
You owe it to the club, and to the fans who pay good money to watch.
If someone on £100k plus a week can't be arsed putting a shift in, then they can fucking leave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.