Club Statement (Mancini sacked) (Cont)

BillyShears said:
moomba said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
The problem for the players I guess is that it appears few of them actually liked Mancini because of his alleged arrogance and superiority complex. So, they can play for the club and win and let the guy they dislike take all of the credit for it or they can play the way they actually did - with no passion, determination or pride.

Doesn't say much for their professionalism if that was the case.

They've won two major trophies in 3 seasons whilst putting up with Mancini's nonsense. Maybe this season was a stretch too far in terms of putting up with him. That's not a slight on their professionalism at all.

Of course it is if as the post I quoted was correct.

Right..

Thought I would steer clear for a good few hours.

All I want to know is what has changed that much in exactly a year apart from a shit champions league performance to warrant his p45??

Yes I was dissapointed,I have supported Mancini through thick and thin but the powers that be gave him a 5yr deal yes?

Any news on his replacement yet-Is it deffo Pellegrini

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Right..

All I want to know is what has changed that much in exactly a year apart from a shit champions league performance to warrant his p45??

Yes I was dissapointed,I have supported Mancini through thick and thin but the powers that be gave him a 5yr deal yes?

looks like Pellegrini

Right..

I think it was because what he wouldn't change which was the problem. His abrasive style behind the scenes really got to people plus criticism of players and key staff in public didn't help either.

I think going forward people would do well to support the club instead of coming across like they're just supporting the manager.

Many of the comments on here against the club over the past couple of days have been embarrassing.

I'm sad to see Mancini go, but the club have done the right thing. I find these articles and reports about his arrogance, confrontational approach, and aloofness very interesting, and revealing. I remember Souness, when talking about him as a youngster at Sampdoria saying something along the lines of, that you couldn't tell him anything, he knew it all, and it seems that fire hasn't died. That can be a good thing. When Hughes was sacked, Mancini inherited a bunch of underperforming individuals, with little organisation, that couldn't defend to save their lives. He turned that bunch into an organised team, performances and results improved, and we narrowly missed out on a CL place. From then on he put his own stamp onto the team, he stepped on the toes of any player who stood in his way, and showed them the door. There was no room for anyone not willing to put their necks on the line. This was questioned, but we went from strength to strength, winning the FA Cup, qualifying for the Champions League, and then the title. He instilled a winning mentality, and never say die attitude into Manchester City. The players may not love him as a person, but you can be sure they're thankful for him. Someone like Mancini, with his ego and character was what the club were crying out for, and those traits have turned us from perennial underachievers to winners. No more are we a 'hope for the best, but expect the worst', but there is now a self belief, a 'we can, and will do it' attitude.

The problem is now things have settled down a bit from that big transition. We've reached the top, and a more measured approach is needed. The club want young players to be developed, there may be a reduction in big money signings. That was one of Mancini's big frustrations over the summer, and he made that public. Alongside the fact he was courting other teams, things must have snowballed behind the scenes, and have just got worse from there. Mancini seems like the kind of guy who could start a fight in an empty room, and the deterioration in relationships with the board, looks to have negatively affected the team. We were poorly prepared, both mentally and physically on Saturday. If he had lost the dressing room, then where do you go from there?

What I don't like though is things like the kitman tweeting about how much he hated Mancini. I hope we don't now get a queue of staff or even worse, players, to spout how they always thought he was a twat, and he never said hi to me, and yadda yadda. Just leave it, and remember the good times he brought to the club. Despite the acrimonious ending, Mancini was great for the club, he changed the mentality, and made us winners. No one is going to forget the FA Cup final v Stoke, the 6-1 at Old Trafford, and that day on May 13th 2012. Thanks for everything Roberto, good luck wherever you go, and if you return to the Etihad in a CL match, rest assured you will get a heroes welcome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_84PP23pDl4[/youtube]

Right..

Sunderland, Everton, Spurs, Wigan 3 times, Southampton plus numerous public lambasting of players and his loyalty to Balotelli.

Right..

Well we have learned that he didnt say hello to the kitman and others when he turned up for work
So he had to go mate :)

The cookie monster said:
Right..

Well we have learned that he didnt say hello to the kitman and others when he turned up for work

Probably more to do with his popularity being on a par with Jimmy Saville

FantasyIreland said:
The cookie monster said:
Right..

Probably more to do with his popularity being on a par with Jimmy Saville

Happily, Txiki fixed it for us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.