Club Statement: Tevez

blumoonrisen said:
"Carlos Tevez demands full apology from Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini in an effort to clear his name
Carlos Tévez will return to Manchester City on Thursday demanding an apology and retraction from Roberto Mancini as he continues to fight the manager’s allegation that he refused to play as a substitute against Bayern Munich last month."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...o-Mancini-in-an-effort-to-clear-his-name.html

Jesus H. Just when you really really think he couldn't sink lower. I guess we gotta hand it to him, his arrogance is truly epic.

Marvin said:
BlueJill said:
Didsbury Dave said:
This whole situation is bad news for
Mcfc just at a crucial time in a crucial season . Regardless of what happens now, I just pray the team can get on with things and results don't suffer. Next weds and sat are the biggest games of the season.

This club, jesus Christ. Things never go smoothly.

This is the best news for the club since the takeover. Tevez is not liked by his teammates (club and country). This is galvanizing moment in Club history. We will look back on this in a few years as the point where we formally took a step that we actually took about 10 months ago. We are now a team; we are no longer a one man show. Tevez did a hell of a lot to get us to top four territory in England. His leaving allows us to get to top four territory in the world.

-- Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:17 am --

Marvin said:
We need to allow Mancini and Tevez the opportunity to sort this out.

Mancini doesn't want to sort it out. He wanted him gone in the summer and he jumped on the first opportunity to get him out of his sight.
Mancini said he wanted to keep Tevez in the Summer

-- Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:53 am --

oakiecokie said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
part that worries me, it's about time Khaldoon or the Sheikh got involved and made an absolute decision from a man in absolute power, instead of delegating to guys who there is scope to challenge.

Seems to me that they have already been involved,hence Citys stance on letting Tevez ask for an apology (which will never be forthcoming),plus whatever else is required by going through official procedures,including the PFA`s ivolvement, thus giving Bobby a free hand to do as he feels is best for the Club.
Only going to be ONE winner in all of this MCFC !
Utter rubbish. The loser will be MCFC and Tevez, the winners will be MUFC and CFC, and I am certain that Sheik Mansour and Mubarak will be utterly dismayed by the whole affair.
Youre a lone voice of reason amongst a sea of shite. "galvanise the whole club"???, "winners will be mcfc" etc????

What utter , utter, rubbish . No employer in the world wants a situation like this to occur, and a football club at the top has only fine margins for error.

I just pray that our team are professional enough to keep focussed, and that squad morale is not affected.

I dread to think what will happen if we cave in on this.

Get a clearly uncommitted player, possibly lose a manager, send a message to every player present and future that they are considered bigger than the club.

It's a great opportunity to turn a bad situation in our favour. And the club response since the final whistle at the Allianz has been spot on.

Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:
BlueJill said:
This is the best news for the club since the takeover. Tevez is not liked by his teammates (club and country). This is galvanizing moment in Club history. We will look back on this in a few years as the point where we formally took a step that we actually took about 10 months ago. We are now a team; we are no longer a one man show. Tevez did a hell of a lot to get us to top four territory in England. His leaving allows us to get to top four territory in the world.

-- Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:17 am --

Mancini doesn't want to sort it out. He wanted him gone in the summer and he jumped on the first opportunity to get him out of his sight.
Mancini said he wanted to keep Tevez in the Summer

-- Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:53 am --

oakiecokie said:
Seems to me that they have already been involved,hence Citys stance on letting Tevez ask for an apology (which will never be forthcoming),plus whatever else is required by going through official procedures,including the PFA`s ivolvement, thus giving Bobby a free hand to do as he feels is best for the Club.
Only going to be ONE winner in all of this MCFC !
Utter rubbish. The loser will be MCFC and Tevez, the winners will be MUFC and CFC, and I am certain that Sheik Mansour and Mubarak will be utterly dismayed by the whole affair.
Youre a lone voice of reason amongst a sea of shite. "galvanise the whole club"???, "winners will be mcfc" etc????

What utter , utter, rubbish . No employer in the world wants a situation like this to occur, and a football club at the top has only fine margins for error.

I just pray that our team are professional enough to keep focussed, and that squad morale is not affected.

Wouldnt say it was a lone voice dave-more like yours is.

Why wont it galvanise the whole club?

Or are you still of the opinion its all Mancinis fault with his so called bad man management?

Putting the Munich debacle to one side what did you think of Carlos throwing scarves to the floor (twice) when walking up the steps at wembley to receive the cup?

I'm not blaming anyone for this, my point is that it's a damaging situation for the club and it's daft to suggest otherwise. I don't see it as black and White , I see it as the final eruption of a growing , puss filled boil.

I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck what any player does with a scarf. It matters nothing in the scheme of things.

Didsbury Dave said:

Of course no employer wants this situation, but when they get it, they must do the right thing, and the evidence suggests to me that they are doing just that. He breached his contract, let him suffer the consequences. I don't give a toss for the "good of football", but I do think its for the good of Manchester City, both short and long term.

You said yesterday in the other thread, that if Tevez apologised and was allowed back, that his disruptive influence wouldn't affect the players, but now you're saying that this all might. If they are professional enough they'll not allow either to affect them (much as they didn't at Blackburn).

Keeping him away from the rest of the players can't do any harm at all in my opinion, obviously the club can't stop them seeing him outside training, but I'd be genuinely surprised if more than a couple bother, and even they should be telling him what a dick he is/was, whether they like the guy or not.

I can understand those who want him to stay for his footballing ability, its understandable, as he was an important player for us. However he wasn't showing that ability, he wasn't even fit enough to play, he's been largely missing in action since he requested a transfer a year ago. HE doesn't want to be here, no matter what he says now, his actions for nearly a year have shown this.

We neither need him on the field, or off it, and I wouldn't let him train with the kids either, the last thing we need is them being poisoned by him (or that twat of an advisor he employs).

Well done City for taking this stance.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:28 am --<br /><br />
moomba said:
I dread to think what will happen if we cave in on this.

Get a clearly uncommitted player, possibly lose a manager, send a message to every player present and future that they are considered bigger than the club.

It's a great opportunity to turn a bad situation in our favour. And the club response since the final whistle at the Allianz has been spot on.
Totally agree.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm not blaming anyone for this, my point is that it's a damaging situation for the club and it's daft to suggest otherwise. I don't see it as black and White , I see it as the final eruption of a growing , puss filled boil.

I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck what any player does with a scarf. It matters nothing in the scheme of things.

Dave,tevez IS the puss filled boil

I think you need to show a little more faith in City's hierachy,do you for one minuite think City would go for breach of contract if it wasnt water tight?

Its senior management who are pulling the strings,they will be fully aware of the facts on the Munich Tuesday,and of all the other shitty tricks hes pulled ever since Mancini arrived.

Dave it will galvanise the club-or are you so certain we will lose this case?

Didsbury Dave said:

Its not often I agree with you DD, but anyone saying this whole farce is anything but unhelpful are deluded. It may in time prove to be so but right now this is a distraction the entire club and its staff could do without. For the good of the club, we need this sorting decisively soon. For the team to operate at the peak of its abilities, the tumour needs removing.

Ive gotta agree with others on here. It doesn't do any good for the club whatsoever. Those press boys will be absolutely desperate to get the pic today when Mancini tells Tevez to train with the stiffs. Don't grant them their wish Mancini!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.