Club Statement: Tevez

This whole situation is bad news for
Mcfc just at a crucial time in a crucial season . Regardless of what happens now, I just pray the team can get on with things and results don't suffer. Next weds and sat are the biggest games of the season.

This club, jesus Christ. Things never go smoothly.

Didsbury Dave said:
Mcfc just at a crucial time in a crucial season . Regardless of what happens now, I just pray the team can get on with things and results don't suffer. Next weds and sat are the biggest games of the season.

Blimey, our sponsorships are getting even bigger. Not content with renaming the ground, we're renaming the club too!

Didsbury Dave said:

I really don't think men being paid £100k per week will be too affected by the current circumstances. They weren't away at Blackburn that's for sure. Nor did it seem to affect any of them during their respective internationals. Tevez is not the most popular figure in the squad so for many, they will not be upset in the slightest.

Didsbury Dave said:

It's just birth pangs

Big G said:
Anthony_18 said:
He's training with the first team squad tomorrow. I think Mancini has offered him an olive branch. Apologise to his team-mates and Mancini himself and he's got a chance of coming back in the reckoning. Hopefully that's how it's gonna be.

Because he has to 'Report to' does not mean he is training.

Anthony_18 said:
The word 'alleged' and 'Carlos will report to Roberto Mancini tomorrow' suggest he's not toast.

The word 'alleged' takes away all claims and counter claims, the club cannot say 'he did or did not' until the final outcome of the hearing, the word 'alleged' cover their asses.

Correct. This hearing is only in the investigation stage. Everything is alleged so far and nothing yet proved, legally speaking.

The interesting words of the statement are contract breaches which implies that we are leaving all disciplinary outcomes open i.e. sacking; and report to Mancini which appears to me, a backing or vindication of Mancini's position.

Tevez is history and quite rightly so, whether by sacking or selling is largely irrelevant.

MCC said:
He had his chance to explain things already when he was interviewed.
He's not had the chance to explain things in a disciplinary hearing when faced with all the evidence.

I'm not sure what happens if he still denies that the evidence is correct.

Presumably we sack him for gross misconduct, retain his FIFA registration, and it goes to a tribunal for months. So I can't imagine Tevez would be happy with that outcome but I imagine City would be willing to do it to make a point.

I was afraid the club was going to bail out and just leave Tevez hanging around without dealing with the problem. Seems like I was totally wrong, which I'm grateful for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.