Club World Cup 2025 - Who’s going?

It only happens once every four years and only affects two PL clubs. The Red cartel clubs are campaigning against it because it will be a huge boost to City and Chelsea. Liverpool and MUFC will not be scrapping their global tours anytime soon
What happens if an English club doesn't win the CL for the next 8 years? Who qualifies from the PL?

I'm planning on being in nashville and miami the week before this starts.

hopefully there is some sort of build up to it and trial events while I'm there.

What happens if an English club doesn't win the CL for the next 8 years? Who qualifies from the PL?

How Do Teams Qualify For 2025 FIFA World Cup?​

Europe (UEFA): 12 Places​

Winning the UEFA Champions League between 2021 and 2024 will guarantee qualification for the 2025 Club World Cup.

Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester City have therefore already qualified after winning the UCL in 2021, 2022 and 2023 respectively.

They will be joined in the 2025 Club World Cup by the European champions of 2024.

The other eight European teams will be selected using FIFA's coefficient rankings, which are based on performances in international competitions over the previous four seasons.

However, a cap of two clubs per country will be enforced unless that country has had more than two Champions League winners during the qualifying period.

For example, Arsenal can only qualify for the 2025 FIFA World Cup by winning the 2023/24 Champions League and not based on their position in the FIFA coefficient rankings.

Five European clubs have already earned sufficient ranking points to be guaranteed a spot at the 2025 Club World Cup. They are Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Inter Milan, Porto and Benfica.

1. Chelsea (as 2020/21 UEFA Champions League winners)
  2. Real Madrid (as 2021/22 UEFA Champions League winners)
  3. Manchester City (as 2022/23 UEFA Champions League winners)
  4. TBC (2023/24 UEFA Champions League winners)
  5. Bayern Munich
  6. Paris Saint-Germain
  7. Inter Milan
  8. Porto
  9. Benfica
  10. TBC (via ranking pathway)
  11. TBC (via ranking pathway)
  12. TBC (via ranking pathway)
Manchester City teammates Ruben Dias (left) and Ederson pictured lifting the UEFA Champions League trophy together after the 2023 final in Turkey

How Do Teams Qualify For 2025 FIFA World Cup?​

Europe (UEFA): 12 Places​

Winning the UEFA Champions League between 2021 and 2024 will guarantee qualification for the 2025 Club World Cup.

Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester City have therefore already qualified after winning the UCL in 2021, 2022 and 2023 respectively.

They will be joined in the 2025 Club World Cup by the European champions of 2024.

The other eight European teams will be selected using FIFA's coefficient rankings, which are based on performances in international competitions over the previous four seasons.

However, a cap of two clubs per country will be enforced unless that country has had more than two Champions League winners during the qualifying period.

For example, Arsenal can only qualify for the 2025 FIFA World Cup by winning the 2023/24 Champions League and not based on their position in the FIFA coefficient rankings.

Five European clubs have already earned sufficient ranking points to be guaranteed a spot at the 2025 Club World Cup. They are Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Inter Milan, Porto and Benfica.

1. Chelsea (as 2020/21 UEFA Champions League winners)
  2. Real Madrid (as 2021/22 UEFA Champions League winners)
  3. Manchester City (as 2022/23 UEFA Champions League winners)
  4. TBC (2023/24 UEFA Champions League winners)
  5. Bayern Munich
  6. Paris Saint-Germain
  7. Inter Milan
  8. Porto
  9. Benfica
  10. TBC (via ranking pathway)
  11. TBC (via ranking pathway)
  12. TBC (via ranking pathway)
Manchester City teammates Ruben Dias (left) and Ederson pictured lifting the UEFA Champions League trophy together after the 2023 final in Turkey
A very impressive list of elite teams. I think it is a genuine World Cup for clubs and will soon become an established event. Especially when you compare it with the high volume of Micky mouse events already in the calendar. It will affect only two PL clubs and only happen once every four years. LFC and MUFC are just jealous of City and are now trying to undermine the Club WC via their pals in the media.

A very impressive list of elite teams. I think it is a genuine World Cup for clubs and will soon become an established event. Especially when you compare it with the high volume of Micky mouse events already in the calendar. It will affect only two PL clubs and only happen once every four years. LFC and MUFC are just jealous of City and are now trying to undermine the Club WC via their pals in the media.
I think the main issue for engagement might be the fact it's a max of 2 teams per league (unless more win the CL) meaning most of the UK/Europe won't give 2 fucks about it. I know I wouldn't be if we weren't in it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.