Club World Cup 2025 - Who’s going?

the clubs will take this competition seriously, i'd rather bin off the league and fa cup than this competition. It's too big of a cash pot to miss out on. The media in this country will down play it as non of the red tops are in it but it has the potential to be fantastic
Something's gotta give. Pep's already said the Carabao Cup isn't a priority this season & he seems to be more forthright recently about our squad being selected for pointless International friendlies, with Foden & now KDB springing to mind.

I'd have absolutely no issue with the CWC, as long as the plethora of pointless matches players are expected to take part in, are pulled.

It'll be interesting to see what FIFA & UEFA do if Phil, Walker, Zico, Jack & Stones are called up by Carsley for the Nations League, but Pep says he needs them for the CWC. Will FIFA go against their own rules on international call-ups?

I'm looking more forward to this than the CL this season. Think it could be great.

Something's gotta give. Pep's already said the Carabao Cup isn't a priority this season & he seems to be more forthright recently about our squad being selected for pointless International friendlies, with Foden & now KDB springing to mind.

I'd have absolutely no issue with the CWC, as long as the plethora of pointless matches players are expected to take part in, are pulled.

It'll be interesting to see what FIFA & UEFA do if Phil, Walker, Zico, Jack & Stones are called up by Carsley for the Nations League, but Pep says he needs them for the CWC. Will FIFA go against their own rules on international call-ups?
Not sure why people only look at England players being called up. Just about the whole squad will be called up every international window.

That's my point. So what will FIFA & UEFA do about international matches trumping domestic games in terms of availability?

They've not thought this through properly.
Two international matches in March and two in June.
June is the interesting one with World Cup qualifiers being on June 6/7th and 9/10th. World Club cup starts on 15th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.