Club World Cup 2025 - Who’s going?

If City are based in the same area for the group stage then the best bet would be for a group of us to get together and rent a whole Air bnb. Probably get one a for two weeks for $1200 - divide by six of us = $200 each. Cheap as chips!
Based on recent precedent of how FIFA stages World Cups, the concept of having a team playing all its group games in the same region is a thing of the past*. The plan now seems to be to have teams playing all over the place to give people the opportunity to see as many different teams and players as possible - it’s weighted more in the interests of the neutral spectators from the host nation rather than the fans that have travelled to follow a team. At the World Cups in South Africa, Brazil and Russia, to see all of a team’s group games invariably involved covering very long distances with flights being required.
*Qatar was the exception due to the country’s compact geography.

Last edited:
I assume the kick off times will be around midnight GMT?
Looking at City's pre season games, all are on or around midnight and those games are on the east coast (5 hours behind).
Someone said all games will be on the east coast.
I imagine weekend games would also be held at 2 or 3pm (7or 8pm UK) but midweek games will most likely be midnight UK time

Being based over here, I’ll be going (hopefully they will be playing in Atlanta!)
Have to say for those thinking of coming - the ticket prices will be eye-watering!
US ticket pricing for major league sports is out of control and the prices for pre-season friendlies in the next few weeks are WAY above what I would consider fair value
Will be a true test as to whether our rise to prominence in the US converts to full stadiums
No need fur tickets though is there, we can all just climb through the stadiums air con louvres like everybody else?

Based on recent precedent of how FIFA stages World Cups, the concept of having a team playing all its group games in the same region is a thing of the past*. The plan now seems to be to have teams playing all over the place to give people the opportunity to see as many different teams and players as possible - it’s weighted more in the interests of the neutral spectators from the host nation rather than the fans that have travelled to follow a team. At the World Cups in South Africa, Brazil and Russia, to see all of a team’s group games invariably involved covering very long distances with flights being required.
*Qatar was the exception due to the country’s compact geography.
2026 world cup will group venues into East, Central and West zones, and each group will only play games in one of those zones.

However, it covers the whole of North America so the distances between are still vast, probably greater than majority of intra-European flights.

This competition (World Club Cup) is expected to be based on the East coast only, but it's still a long way from Boston to Miami.

Planning to do the whole month. Hope it is feasible and can travel about a bit. My wife was looking forward to it then realised it was the world club cup and not the World Cup so now she isn’t so happy (esp. as she is a red - and a proper one, I.e. one that never goes and only watch’s them on TV if I remind her they are on….)
Husband of the year ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.