Club World Cup 2025 - Who’s going?

Agree, plus internal flights can be high, unless you know what you are doing...
Decent medium range hotels will be minimum $100/night plus taxes!
Agree. Once the group stage venues are announced that's fine for getting the cheap flights months in advance, but with only 4 or 5 days notice for the knockout games / venues, prices on flights or Amtrak can be a different story.

Suspect £50 a night is optimistic for accommodation?

If you’re averaging 50 quid a night, there will be an upside of plenty of drugs & hookers in close proximity.

I’m afraid to say, anyone who hasn’t been here in the US during the last 3 years is in for major sticker shock. I now look forward to coming back to the UK as eating in decent restaurants is cheaper ! especially when you include the ‘mandatory’ 20% tip that every Tom Dick n Harry in the states asks for ?!

If you’re averaging 50 quid a night, there will be an upside of plenty of drugs & hookers in close proximity.

I’m afraid to say, anyone who hasn’t been here in the US during the last 3 years is in for major sticker shock. I now look forward to coming back to the UK as eating in decent restaurants is cheaper ! especially when you include the ‘mandatory’ 20% tip that every Tom Dick n Harry in the states asks for ?!
That tipping culture is one of the reasons I’ll probably never go back to the states for maybe more than a few nights, it’s ridiculous, 10% if they don’t like it tough shit.

That tipping culture is one of the reasons I’ll probably never go back to the states for maybe more than a few nights, it’s ridiculous, 10% if they don’t like it tough shit.
Went to a baseball game the other week,$15 for a can of Heineken,and he wanted a tip for getting it out of the fridge behind him and putting it on the counter,now that’s taking the piss

I assume the kick off times will be around midnight GMT?
There will be some of those but I would imagine that there will be a decent number of afternoon games translating to evening kickoffs in the UK.
FIFA will want to make the tournament as attractive as possible to European broadcasters to maximise the profit it generates.

Would be brilliant to go into the tournament with Pep extended and at the helm, positive outcome of 115 too

Should be good, probably won’t make it to the states but will definitely watch every game we’re involved in

There will be some of those but I would imagine that there will be a decent number of afternoon games translating to evening kickoffs in the UK.
FIFA will want to make the tournament as attractive as possible to European broadcasters to maximise the profit it generates.

There’s the same number of teams as the last World Cup, which means they’ll be 63 games or 64 if there’s a 3rd place play offs.

They’ll have to be three games most days during the group stages to fit that lot in a month.

If the NFL is anything to go by, which it probably isn’t, then maybe they’ll be kicking off roughly 6pm, 9pm and midnight, Uk time?

Have to weigh it up when it’s all finalised.

Trouble is, I had no problem bumming round places like Spain, France and Italy for best part of a month in my younger days for World Cups. Didn’t make a single booking. Just rocked up and played it by ear. Crashed here, crashed there. Sometimes just stayed out all night and didn’t crash anywhere.

But I’m too old for that shit now. I need nice hotels. And they don’t come cheap in most places. And certainly not in America.

I can’t even imagine how much you’d need to do the full month in reasonable comfort.
I don’t agree with you on the price of hotels in America.

We do a fair bit of travelling, when we’re over there, and we can usually find something, of a decent quality, well under $100, and nearly always with breakfast included.

Of course, it depends on your budget, but I think that’s a reasonable price nowadays.

If City are based in the same area for the group stage then the best bet would be for a group of us to get together and rent a whole Air bnb. Probably get one a for two weeks for $1200 - divide by six of us = $200 each. Cheap as chips!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.