Club's strategy. What next?

davymcfc said:
Mrmcfc said:
Sell 9 players, 4 of which are regular starters, and replace them with 1 player?

I know he's good, but come on.
So with everything considered the team would be this.

Hart, zab, kompany, mangala, clichy, Milner, Fernandinho, messi, silva, bony and aguero.
Subs willy, nastasic, Richards, Fernando, guidetti, youth team players

Plenty of opportunity to change tactics aswell. Ideally you would put 5 in midfield for bigger games for added protection. Add one decent player to the squad each year. Players would be desperate to sign for us and play alongside messi.

You really need to take some time out. That team will not do too well, and as for the bench, your on a wind up

mosssideblue said:
davymcfc said:
Mrmcfc said:
Sell 9 players, 4 of which are regular starters, and replace them with 1 player?

I know he's good, but come on.

Hart, zab, kompany, mangala, clichy, Milner, Fernandinho, messi, silva, bony and aguero.

Plenty of opportunity to change tactics aswell. Ideally you would put 5 in midfield for bigger games for added protection. Add one decent player to the squad each year. Players would be desperate to sign for us and play alongside messi.

You really need to take some time out. That team will not do too well, and as for the bench, your on a wind up
In what way would that team not do well? A team with silva, Messi and Aguero as an attacking force? If we had a manager that actually concentrated on organizing the defence then that would be a start. If I'm being honest I think there is still room for navas in there as he adds something different. The bench looks a little weak. I forgot about sagna too who is good back up.

As long as Cheeky monkey is in charge of the transfers don't expect anymore than another €30,000,000 spunked in to the coffers of other clubs for average players. Id more expect us to sell Aguero to Real for €45,000,000 and we replace him with Charlie Austin for €50,000,000 then we sell Silva and Toure for €40,000,000 combined and replace with Giovanni Dos Santos and Anderson. Then our transition from Champions to back where we started would be complete and cheeky monkey could go back to Barca a hero

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
As long as Cheeky monkey is in charge of the transfers don't expect anymore than another €30,000,000 spunked in to the coffers of other clubs for average players. Id more expect us to sell Aguero to Real for €45,000,000 and we replace him with Charlie Austin for €50,000,000 then we sell Silva and Toure for €40,000,000 combined and replace with Giovanni Dos Santos and Anderson. Then our transition from Champions to back where we started would be complete and cheeky monkey could go back to Barca a hero

you continuously post shite or Are you trying to be amusing?

grim up north said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:

you continuously post shite or Are you trying to be amusing?
He's a rag so it's a combination of both I'd have thought.

davymcfc said:
mosssideblue said:
davymcfc said:

In what way would that team not do well? A team with silva, Messi and Aguero as an attacking force? If we had a manager that actually concentrated on organizing the defence then that would be a start. If I'm being honest I think there is still room for navas in there as he adds something different. The bench looks a little weak. I forgot about sagna too who is good back up.

There is a misconception IMO that Messi would be a panacea. If we are to seriously contend and eat at the big table then that first team is not good enough.

The bench isn't a little weak, its a joke

mosssideblue said:
davymcfc said:
mosssideblue said:

There is a misconception IMO that Messi would be a panacea. If we are to seriously contend and eat at the big table then that first team is not good enough.

I just think you need to look at the bigger picture. Everything that the spaniards have done so far seems to be a little shortsighted. The players we are signing aren't of the same quality as between 2009-2011. Back then we were going for genuine proven quality and big names. It's not even like we are signing young players that might come good. Remember it's not so long ago we were prepared to sign Kaka for about 90 million. Again the reason behind this was to sell shirts around the world and bring in the type of player that will make the world stand up. Signing the best player in the world would do that and attract a lot of income in the process. We have to be mindful of FFP and I think we are going the wrong way about it at the moment by make signings that are the standard below of which we need. Given the fact that our main big players are getting older we do seriously need to consider cashing on while we still can so we can rebuild.

davymcfc said:
mosssideblue said:
davymcfc said:

I just think you need to look at the bigger picture. Everything that the spaniards have done so far seems to be a little shortsighted. The players we are signing aren't of the same quality as between 2009-2011. Back then we were going for genuine proven quality and big names. It's not even like we are signing young players that might come good. Remember it's not so long ago we were prepared to sign Kaka for about 90 million. Again the reason behind this was to sell shirts around the world and bring in the type of player that will make the world stand up. Signing the best player in the world would do that and attract a lot of income in the process. We have to be mindful of FFP and I think we are going the wrong way about it at the moment by make signings that are the standard below of which we need. Given the fact that our main big players are getting older we do seriously need to consider cashing on while we still can so we can rebuild.

I think you've got things backward I believe they are more far sighted and looking 2 or 3 years ahead, and thats the problem for some on here that we are only looking at the next season ahead at the most. As I see it they are trying to win things now within FFP but not build things that will jam up the squad or management position for their future plans when FFP won't be an issue.

davymcfc said:
mosssideblue said:
davymcfc said:

So, if we run with your idealism of buying Messi, then what?

If it floats your boat to suggest busting the budget on one player, I think you will be disappointed in the way City go about things going fwd.

Personally, I think your strategy is just another kneejerk offering to try and tell us why were not doing so well this year. Perhaps if you looked at the team you want to put Messi into, that might offer some clues. IMO its nothing to do with our latest signings, but because our key players from last season are woefully short on what they are capable of and I'm not convinced they will recover those dizzy heights. so in my eyes, bringing Messsi in will not change things results wise, but we will sell more shirts.

We have been buying young talent for the future and Eli is curently in the team now, so I don't but your argument on that.

Calling the Spanniards short sited is a bit silly, when they have been very successful in this business for some time.

So, if you want to sell shirts, you win hands down.

The club needs to start being ruthless, at times we try far too hard to be percieved as a nice club. If a player, manager or club official is underperforming then they should be gone. Too often we sign players for big money and allow them to sit on the bench for a few seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.