Club's strategy. What next?

The strategy will stay the same. There might be a change of manager, if they can find one that they believe is better than Pellegrini. But the strategy will not be changed. Who would change it?

Big Dave Watson said:
Manchester City.

They swam with the big fish for a short while but 'typical city' brought them down.
?????????????????????????????

The squad doesn't need a massive overhaul but it does need freshening up. I think I'm right in saying that 9 of the players who started at Liverpool were in the first Premier League winning season so it has been more or less the same team for the best part of 4 years. There's bound to be a bit of staleness or complacency setting in for some of them. 2 or 3 signings would be enough to galvanise things IMO but they have to be 2 or 3 who are genuine first teamers not just fringe players who come into the team every now and then. Preferably players who reduce the overall age of the team and add a bit of pace too. The problem is that players who can come in and properly take the place of an established first team player at City are going to cost a fortune in the current market. As for the manager, he leaves a fair bit to be desired at times but he is a relatively steady pair of hands so if we can get someone in who is a top class manager, I'd happily see him go but no point getting rid for a manager who would be a huge gamble. The idea that we might change the manager and 7 or 8 players this summer is horrendous. We'd probably be out of the top 4 next season if we did. Huge changes in one window rarely work.

I've got it
Replace Pellegrini with Messi for 900 million pounds and he can just so happen to play if he wants.....
Or....please let the Messi thing go
It's tired

Lancet Fluke said:
The squad doesn't need a massive overhaul but it does need freshening up. I think I'm right in saying that 9 of the players who started at Liverpool were in the first Premier League winning season so it has been more or less the same team for the best part of 4 years. There's bound to be a bit of staleness or complacency setting in for some of them. 2 or 3 signings would be enough to galvanise things IMO but they have to be 2 or 3 who are genuine first teamers not just fringe players who come into the team every now and then. Preferably players who reduce the overall age of the team and add a bit of pace too. The problem is that players who can come in and properly take the place of an established first team player at City are going to cost a fortune in the current market. As for the manager, he leaves a fair bit to be desired at times but he is a relatively steady pair of hands so if we can get someone in who is a top class manager, I'd happily see him go but no point getting rid for a manager who would be a huge gamble. The idea that we might change the manager and 7 or 8 players this summer is horrendous. We'd probably be out of the top 4 next season if we did. Huge changes in one window rarely work.

Good post mate. Wholesale changes aren't required, just gradual improvement. The emphasis should be on quality rather than quantity in our recruitment policy this summer. As you say, 2/3 top drawer signings would make a huge difference. Just hope Begiristain is able to identify and recruit them. If not, he's under a lot of pressure.

Ok say realistically we won't get messi. Would we settle for selling those players and bringing in Pogba and Bale instead? Changed my mind on navas as I think at least he brings pace in to our team.

Starting line up

Hart,
zab, kompany, mangala, clichy,
Milner, silva, Fernandinho, Pogba, bale
Aguero

Bench- willy, MDM (signed a new contract), sagna, navas, Fernando, bony

4-5-1 with the option to bring bony on and switch to 4-4-2.

This would certainly freshen the team up and maybe get rid of some of the disruptive personalities in the dressing room.

So, we have given up already have we? Wow, with the fans we have (on here anyway) we might as well not even bother turning up to support them.

The Club's strategy should be the same as the fans' strategy: Get behind the team and stay behind the team, cheer them on, support them and the Manager.

Eccles Blue said:
So, we have given up already have we? Wow, with the fans we have (on here anyway) we might as well not even bother turning up to support them.

The Club's strategy should be the same as the fans' strategy: Get behind the team and stay behind the team, cheer them on, support them and the Manager.
Have you stopped to think that the vast majority of fans supported this club for their entire lives through some pretty dire times, so if they are getting disaffected with the players its because they know that some key players have not been focussed this season.

Reserve your criticism for them!

I'll be there at Kick Off but I'm not blindly supportive of some players who I think have let the club down and the manager massively. And more fool the manager for not dealing with it though its immensely difficult if the fire in a player has gone out.

Marvin said:
Eccles Blue said:

Have you stopped to think that the vast majority of fans supported this club for their entire lives through some pretty dire times, so if they are getting disaffected with the players its because they know that some key players have not been focussed this season.

Reserve your criticism for them!

I'll be there at Kick Off but I'm not blindly supportive of some players who I think have let the club down and the manager massively. And more fool the manager for not dealing with it though its immensely difficult if the fire in a player has gone out.

I'm not criticising anyone and I have been one of the fans who has supported the club through thick and thin and travelled as far as I've been able to afford to so I feel I have also earned the right to feel as I feel, and at the moment I feel that it is time to get behind the team and the Manager and support them. And whether you like it or not I shall keep on saying it. I SUPPORT MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL TEAM AND THE MANAGER. OK? :-)

Sorry if that upsets you but that's how I feel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.