Club's strategy. What next?

Eccles Blue said:
Marvin said:
Eccles Blue said:
So, we have given up already have we? Wow, with the fans we have (on here anyway) we might as well not even bother turning up to support them.

The Club's strategy should be the same as the fans' strategy: Get behind the team and stay behind the team, cheer them on, support them and the Manager.
Have you stopped to think that the vast majority of fans supported this club for their entire lives through some pretty dire times, so if they are getting disaffected with the players its because they know that some key players have not been focussed this season.

Reserve your criticism for them!

I'll be there at Kick Off but I'm not blindly supportive of some players who I think have let the club down and the manager massively. And more fool the manager for not dealing with it though its immensely difficult if the fire in a player has gone out.

I'm not criticising anyone and I have been one of the fans who has supported the club through thick and thin and travelled as far as I've been able to afford to so I feel I have also earned the right to feel as I feel, and at the moment I feel that it is time to get behind the team and the Manager and support them. And whether you like it or not I shall keep on saying it. I SUPPORT MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL TEAM AND THE MANAGER. OK? :-)

Sorry if that upsets you but that's how I feel.
I am glad your energy is undimmed.

I just think you have got the cart before the horse.

We had 40k City fans at home to Boro. It was flat as a pancake and we lost because the players thought the game was won before they even stepped out on to the pitch

That's what needs addressing. Then you'll get support.

Marvin said:
Eccles Blue said:
Marvin said:
Have you stopped to think that the vast majority of fans supported this club for their entire lives through some pretty dire times, so if they are getting disaffected with the players its because they know that some key players have not been focussed this season.

Reserve your criticism for them!

I'll be there at Kick Off but I'm not blindly supportive of some players who I think have let the club down and the manager massively. And more fool the manager for not dealing with it though its immensely difficult if the fire in a player has gone out.

I'm not criticising anyone and I have been one of the fans who has supported the club through thick and thin and travelled as far as I've been able to afford to so I feel I have also earned the right to feel as I feel, and at the moment I feel that it is time to get behind the team and the Manager and support them. And whether you like it or not I shall keep on saying it. I SUPPORT MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL TEAM AND THE MANAGER. OK? :-)

Sorry if that upsets you but that's how I feel.
I am glad your energy is undimmed.

I just think you have got the cart before the horse.

We had 40k City fans at home to Boro. It was flat as a pancake and we lost because the players thought the game was won before they even stepped out on to the pitch

That's what needs addressing. Then you'll get support.

That is why I am always singing and shouting for them, even when I get laughed at/with, and I sit in CBL1 which is not the noisiest part of the stadium. I take your points but, as you say, my energy is very rarely undimmed, I admit that for at least three hours last week coming back from Burnley, my cup was half empty but I came back from it by the end of the evening and I am back to half full. :-)

I'm going to put my balls on the line here and say that I don't think Messi is going to be interested in coming to us just at the moment.

What are you smoking? We will never get messi or neymar or even bale

AIQ88 said:

Agreed with FFP restriction, there is no chance

We should better working on keeping Arguero and Silva and upgrade our midfield

AIQ88 said:

I agree everyone's living in dreamland. Can not see us paying a 80m plus fee for a player. Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Pogba etc just can't see it.

Our mega signing looks like it will be a underwhelmed one along the lines of Sterling or Barkley for 50m quid

Jack Wills said:
All of the club's current issues would be resolved by telling Platini to go fuck himself and successfully challenging FFP in court.

Definitely. What we should have done is one week before the FFP judgment came in, offered a top european player ridiculous amounts of money to come and join us. One day after the judgment we should have told him sorry, due to FFP we can no longer pay you the salary you deserve. That might have triggered the court case in the same way that the original Bosman case did.

Rowing in the opposite direction to all the 'big spenders' on here what we spend in Summer should be dictated by whether we are in stupid competition with the other top teams in which case, like United last year we will get taken to the cleaners. You have to admire Wenger for his stubborness to ride out the 'big spend' storm for a good few years waiting for his moment (and FFP): I wonder whether we should offload the wasters, talk-big but spend little and put some money in the bank. I'm just glad its not my money - football is financially insane.

I wonder how long it will be before the Everton, Villa, Newcastle wannabe type clubs realise that FFP means they can now never get into the top 5? I think Mike Ashley is there already and knows that midtable plus profit is the only sane option.

Blueside said:
Jack Wills said:
All of the club's current issues would be resolved by telling Platini to go fuck himself and successfully challenging FFP in court.

Definitely. What we should have done is one week before the FFP judgment came in, offered a top european player ridiculous amounts of money to come and join us. One day after the judgment we should have told him sorry, due to FFP we can no longer pay you the salary you deserve. That might have triggered the court case in the same way that the original Bosman case did.

Rowing in the opposite direction to all the 'big spenders' on here what we spend in Summer should be dictated by whether we are in stupid competition with the other top teams in which case, like United last year we will get taken to the cleaners. You have to admire Wenger for his stubborness to ride out the 'big spend' storm for a good few years waiting for his moment (and FFP): I wonder whether we should offload the wasters, talk-big but spend little and put some money in the bank. I'm just glad its not my money - football is financially insane.

I wonder how long it will be before the Everton, Villa, Newcastle wannabe type clubs realise that FFP means they can now never get into the top 5? I think Mike Ashley is there already and knows that midtable plus profit is the only sane option.

I thought Jovetic being left out of the Champs' League squad could have done that but it seems everyone's scared to take the fuckers on.

The slaughtered lamb said:
Blueside said:
Jack Wills said:

I thought Jovetic being left out of the Champs' League squad could have done that but it seems everyone's scared to take the fuckers on.

Jovetic probably would have had a reason to take them to court on the basis that being omitted from the squad solely due to our FFP restrictions was stopping his right to work and maybe a couple of other reasons.It would be similar to the case Dupont is taking on in court now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.