Coach Eddie pledges new culture club 14/04/2009 10:27

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Pitty they have been in the job 11 months and are only just working that out.
They knew it already. Niedzwiecki is a very experienced coach and Hughes went through the same process at Blackburn.

The trouble is there's only one way you find out and that's how the players perform in the real world. And I think they know now who does and who doesn't. We all know that some of the older hands (those that have been there a while) haven't stepped up to the plate and the newer ones are still finding their feet. That's why it takes managers a few seasons to really change cultures, rather than just getting players to up it a bit to impress the new man then settle back down into their comfort zone.

Oddly, Hodgson did it in less than 3 months, Redknapp and Zola even less time. As for the same process at Blackburn, he might have. However, Blackburn were heading down when he took over, thus he has success(or perhaps a better term would be he didn't go backwards first). In any job, you can claim success in a past post, but at some point you actually have to stop going backwards in the job your doing now. I will ask again(still haven't had an answer from anyone)what have you seen on the field of play that would suggest we are moving forward? Furthermore, Hughes and his claim that his teams player better, has anyone seen anything in this team to indicate thats the case?

That's a fair point but how often do teams have an over-performing season then settle back down. Reading were up there a couple of seasons ago but Coppell couldn't sustain it and where are they now? Blackburn & Portsmouth did well last season but both are battling relegation now. Bolton were doing well with Reading two seasons ago. Everton ended up just below us in 17th in Moyes' second season.

Hodgson has indeed done an excellent job. He is a vastly experienced coach but will they maintain or even improve on it next season? Spurs already had the basis for a good team, having come 5th two seasons running before last season. So Redknapp's only taken them back to where they were. They were wrong to sack Jol and Ramos was clearly the wrong choice to replace him. You know Redknapp will always do a decent job. Zola is more interesting and may well be the next Moyes or Ferguson but what will they do next season and he also has the excellent Steve Clarke; even Mourinho hung onto him.

To be honest, I don't know whether Hughes is bull-shitting or whether he is really building something for the future. I assume the owners have more of an insight so I will trust them.

To be honest, I don't know whether Hughes is bull-shitting or whether he is really building something for the future. I assume the owners have more of an insight so I will trust them.
That's the key, for all we can talk back and forth here, your right the ownership have a bunch more insight then us and hell, they pay the guy his wages! Therefore, it all comes down to how they feel, Thursday night, Sunday afternoon or at the end of this season or next.

Oddly, Hodgson did it in less than 3 months, Redknapp and Zola even less time. As for the same process at Blackburn, he might have. However, Blackburn were heading down when he took over, thus he has success(or perhaps a better term would be he didn't go backwards first). In any job, you can claim success in a past post, but at some point you actually have to stop going backwards in the job your doing now. I will ask again(still haven't had an answer from anyone)what have you seen on the field of play that would suggest we are moving forward? Furthermore, Hughes and his claim that his teams player better, has anyone seen anything in this team to indicate thats the case?[/quote]

The home form and some of the football we have played their this season. Apart from Chelsea we havn't been steam rolled their. The problem has been away from home. Losses need to be turned into draws. Had he done that we would have been as high as Villa. For all O'Neals good work, Villa have only won 5 at home all season.[/quote]

Our home form will end up being pretty much a wash from last year and I will agree that we have not been thrashed at home other than Chelsea and of course Notts F, our away form has been so poor though.[/quote]

Fulham are the same as us at the present time, home form out standing Crap away. I posted Earlier, Hughes should have left things alone on sun. That defeat has put us out of the running for 7th. But look at the team we could have at the start of next season. Kompany goes to centre half and the back 5 looks good. the midfield stays the same and then you bring in a target man. The upheaval should now be over. 8 or 9 players can leave 3 or 4 in at most. if we are still bobbins at christmas then Hughes goes. That is what should happen whether it does is another question. Also don't be surprised if we Get Rafael Sorbis on loan in the next season or to.

Oddly, Hodgson did it in less than 3 months, Redknapp and Zola even less time. As for the same process at Blackburn, he might have. However, Blackburn were heading down when he took over, thus he has success(or perhaps a better term would be he didn't go backwards first). In any job, you can claim success in a past post, but at some point you actually have to stop going backwards in the job your doing now. I will ask again(still haven't had an answer from anyone)what have you seen on the field of play that would suggest we are moving forward? Furthermore, Hughes and his claim that his teams player better, has anyone seen anything in this team to indicate thats the case?[/quote]

The home form and some of the football we have played their this season. Apart from Chelsea we havn't been steam rolled their. The problem has been away from home. Losses need to be turned into draws. Had he done that we would have been as high as Villa. For all O'Neals good work, Villa have only won 5 at home all season.[/quote]

Our home form will end up being pretty much a wash from last year and I will agree that we have not been thrashed at home other than Chelsea and of course Notts F, our away form has been so poor though.[/quote]

Fulham are the same as us at the present time, home form outstanding Crap away. I posted Earlier, Hughes should have left things alone on sun. That defeat has put us out of the running for 7th. But look at the team we could have at the start of next season. Kompany goes to centre half and the back 5 looks good. the midfield stays the same and then you bring in a target man. The upheaval should now be over. 8 or 9 players can leave 3 or 4 in at most. if we are still bobbins at christmas then Hughes goes. That is what should happen whether it does is another question. Also don't be surprised if we Get Rafael Sorbis on loan in the next season or to.

It all really comes down to the away form doesn't it? If we'd got 18 points instead of 8 then we would be comfortably 7th, thinking about 6th maybe and happy we were making progress. If they can deliver better away form next season then they will be going in the right direction.

it's as simple as this folks, these are very nice sentiments from Eddie, and what manager/management member wouldn't express & hold them?

- BUT it's not just a question of EXPRESSING them, it's all about EXECUTING them, and this may be we where we've been falling down this season.

the better managers don't just talk the walk, they walk it too.

maybe we're in to the more subtle and intangible aspects of management (man management, etc) which some of us are questioning if Hughes has, and if he can apply his particular brand of management to our club and more importantly the situation we find ourselves in.

it would be a sad day if we lost players and a certain style we wanted to express ourselves with, because our management team couldn't do anything except 'get rid of them' in a purging action rather than actually MANAGE the situation to a more favourable outcome.

when other people have made comparisons with other managers on here, it is probably because few of them have the luxury of purging and buying and selling on such a scale as we do, and so they have to be a little more creative and 'successful' at management.

Sounds like Eddie here is just saying what we want to hear. Fuck it. Let your coaching do the talking Eddie, at the end of the day it's the results on the pitch that your judged by not your intended results on the pitch.

Well Eddie, they have certainly been putting up with it from the managerial team.

I was wondering how long it would take this management team to deflect the pressure from themselves by putting it on the players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.