Coach Eddie pledges new culture club 14/04/2009 10:27

scorer said:
uwerosler28 said:
He said: "If a player comes in here with the wrong mentality then they will fall by the wayside. It is out job to either remove them or change them. We know that certain players can do better. We are always questioning ourselves.

... and the difference is??

The whole lot of them are clowns... complete clowns!

and does this also apply to the management?

;o)

have our managers performed or fallen by the wayside?

if players like Elano and Robinho are gone in the summer (as we know they can play and regularly perform for their international teams) and Hughes stays to do heck knows what, what does this say? There's another international but as yet not as capped, who is playing in Merseyside right now, what is that telling you?

MCFCinUSA said:
if players like Elano and Robinho are gone in the summer (as we know they can play and regularly perform for their international teams) and Hughes stays to do heck knows what, what does this say? There's another international but as yet not as capped, who is playing in Merseyside right now, what is that telling you?

It doesn't really tell me anything 100% definite.

It may be that the management team aren't up to the task. It may be that the players aren't suited to the premiership or formation/tactics. It may be that the players aren't really committed to the club and or management team. It may be that the balance of the team isn't right to allow them to flourish etc etc.

As someone stated earlier, we can all see that their are problems and inadequacies within the team/squad but unfortunately we don't really know what's going on behind the scenes or what is the root cause of it. Hopefully our owners do know and consequently are in a better position to make the necessary decisions.

I have no problem with getting rid of the Brazillians (or any other players for that matter) if we bring in new players and become a much better team next season.

I don't know if Hughes is up to the task (though I admit to having serious doubts) but I also don't know who would get the job if they do sack him. I assume our owners have a better idea on both points and so I'm happy to leave the decision up to them.

There are managers that I would prefer but then again I also thought Ramos would be a big success at Spurs.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Pitty they have been in the job 11 months and are only just working that out.
They knew it already. Niedzwiecki is a very experienced coach and Hughes went through the same process at Blackburn.

The trouble is there's only one way you find out and that's how the players perform in the real world. And I think they know now who does and who doesn't. We all know that some of the older hands (those that have been there a while) haven't stepped up to the plate and the newer ones are still finding their feet. That's why it takes managers a few seasons to really change cultures, rather than just getting players to up it a bit to impress the new man then settle back down into their comfort zone.

Oddly, Hodgson did it in less than 3 months, Redknapp and Zola even less time. As for the same process at Blackburn, he might have. However, Blackburn were heading down when he took over, thus he has success(or perhaps a better term would be he didn't go backwards first). In any job, you can claim success in a past post, but at some point you actually have to stop going backwards in the job your doing now. I will ask again(still haven't had an answer from anyone)what have you seen on the field of play that would suggest we are moving forward? Furthermore, Hughes and his claim that his teams player better, has anyone seen anything in this team to indicate thats the case?

I don't think there is an answer dlbia because our current management group do not have one and no I don't see the culture or approach to games especially when we fall behind changing for the better.

Last Sunday was the first time we dropped all points at home to a side outside the top six when leading at half time and that is most worrying to me because we will not get any more points away from home this season.

That has to be the biggest load of bollox I've ever heard. Anybody who knows even the basics of culture knows how difficult it is to change it is something that is often engraved with in an organisation. Not something you suddenly say one day I know lets change the culture today that sounds a good idea. This is something that should have been addressed on day one of Hughes appointment. Just shows how inept Hughes and his bunch of clowns really are. This really is an insult to anyones intelligence.

Mike D said:
That has to be the biggest load of bollox I've ever heard. Anybody who knows even the basics of culture knows how difficult it is to change it is something that is often engraved with in an organisation. Not something you suddenly say one day I know lets change the culture today that sounds a good idea. This is something that should have been addressed on day one of Hughes appointment. Just shows how inept Hughes and his bunch of clowns really are. This really is an insult to anyones intelligence.
Your continual anti-Hughes ranting is the insult to peoples' intelligence. Where in that article does it say they've only just started? It's clear to anyone that they have been trying to change the culture since Day 1 and that some players haven't responded. What i take it he is saying is that the ones that haven't will be among those that go in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.