Coldplay

Pigeonho said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:
Pigeonho said:
Like I said earlier, watch the opening from their set at Glastonbury, (MX), and then watch the whole lot after. That is musical genius.

tellifserious_thumb.jpg
Deadly mate! (Isla would get it though). It's everything, the light show, the music, the act. A proper set that.
As with all things music though, to each their own. Like I can't see why anyone would sit there listening to jungle or rap, but thats their choice so good luck to them.

As ever, you make a valid point.

He has some left hand on him

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfnZuqpNGzY[/youtube]

The other thing as well is this. I think people like to hate Chris Martin because he puts some feeling into his music. By that i mean he will do little smiles, grimaces and almost loving faces as he's doing his live stuff and for that I think people look at him as a bit of a do-gooder. In stark contrast then we have Gallagher, who IS actually acting. Swaggering around, no emotion into his music, just another long haired gorp in clothes you see on every other person in town. Bands like cold play bring something different to the stage, whereas if I wanted to go and see someone swaggering around I could just go to any local in Manchester.
SWP'sBack - sorry if thats a bit too anti-City for you, what with me not wanting to suck the anus of a Gallagher.

Alpha Kenny Wun said:
I think too many people concentrate on what makes them look cool rather than actually enjoying music x
I do both. Obviously most of what I listen to is on a CD, but then when they're live a something like Glastonbury you get to see the show too, and you almost forget the lyrics when you see that, it is that good. Like someone already said, I think people just think it's cool to hate them when those haters probably already have their albums on play at home anyway. Sheep, in other words.

Adam-mcfc said:
PistonBlue said:
I really don't get this idea that they're good live, they're not- they are truly wank. I've endured many a Coldpay gig and they are so shit they really piss me off, seriously.

What I hate more than anything, is the way Martin dances to a different tune to the one he's playing, what a twat.
Liar. Ive seen them live, heard their live album, and seen their live concert DVD. They're fucking brilliant live. They sound phenomenal. Maybe you don't like them but don't pretend like they don't sound great live.

I speak the truth young man. Coldplay are wank. Whenever I've seen them live their audience always look a bit bored too. Truly fucking crap.
Dropping huge yellow balloons onto the crowd does not a great gig make.

So who else have you seen live Adam,what are you comparing this 'phenomenal sound' to?

Edit: I actually saw them years ago, just before the release of their first album and they were actually ok. This was back in the day when soppy, take no risks, boring shite like Travis ruled the roost so I guess they sounded a bit fresher compared to a band like Travis. One track I'll admit to liking back then is Shiver.

I soon saw them for what they are though, boring, riskless, safe sounding, easy listening dinner party bullshit.

I love/d Coldplay, brilliant and creative band ... but moreso a decade ago. Their newer stuff feels more pop-ish and manufactured. Their early stuff like Clocks (surely one of the better songs ever), The Scientist, etc., was incredible.

This song is brilliant and was banned in China.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1rV3eNcVlQ[/youtube]<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:17 am --<br /><br />
PistonBlue said:
I speak the truth young man. Coldplay are wank. Whenever I've seen them live their audience always look a bit bored too. Truly fucking crap.

I've seen them live four times in three different countries and can assure you the crowd was anything but bored.

LoveCity said:
I love/d , brilliant and creative band ... but moreso a decade ago. Their newer stuff feels more pop-ish and manufactured. Their early stuff like Clocks (surely one of the better songs ever), The Scientist, etc., was incredible.

This song is brilliant and was banned in China.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1rV3eNcVlQ[/youtube]
It was the Scientist that got me into Coldplay. That was exactly 10 years ago, I remember as it was my first xmas in my first house and I had it on on the way home from work that xmas eve. Brilliant song, brilliant album and brilliant video for that song. I disagree that the new stuff is pop-ish though. I like to think of it as more 'expressive'. I just like them in general. Would hate to not appreciate someones music just because 'everyone says they're shit so therefore I must too'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.