Cole Palmer

I don't think Cole will be world class. Unless we're using the term very broadly. But if his head is screwed on properly then he'll still go on to be a quality player.

But whether it's him or someone else, eventually some of these kids we don't give chances to are going to be world class.

I don't really share Dom's optimism that we'll learn from it though.
For sure one or two will get away, that’s bound to happen just based on probabilities.

I think we've got the balance right so far. Maybe Lavia or Palmer will be ones to regret, personally don't think so.

I think Cole is a fantastic player, and we will really regret this for a long time.

But I also think that’s a good thing long term. IMO the club and management consistently underrate our youth players and seeing Palmer, Lavia etc go on to be world class somewhere else will make them think twice next time there’s a choice between trusting a kid or buying a Phillips.

We might have to learn how good they are the hard way but there’s a lot of kids just as talented as Palmer in the pipeline.

Oh and also Foden, Lavia, Doyle and McAtee have made our youth players really desirable and worth a ton of money. If Palmer fulfils his potential that premium for a City academy player will go up again. So that’s nice.

Short term Bobb and/or McAtee can fill Palmers role from last season.
I think we have to trust the process and remember for many (me included) Phillips looked a top deal at the time.

He is an always has been a filth fan Pictures of him not too many years ago in his shitty red kit No allegiance whatsoever It’s done let’s move on

So what? "Allegiance" with City is for fans. I don't care who players support.
You'll probably find that most players favourite PL teams as kids are the rags, Liverpool, or one of the London clubs.
Kids outside of Manchester being City fans is quite a recent thing.

Bizarre move if he wants more game time, but it also shows how highly rated he is. We should be doing everything we can to keep him

Tbh I never thought he was going to be consistent enough to break I to our team especially at the level we are currently at. I think he will make a good mid table player. Such a pity as I am a Wythenshawe lad.
But at least we have sold another Academy player for good money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.