Cole Palmer

First of all I regret academy players going somewhere else. Especially when they are as talented as Palmer is. Maybe Pep will and should feel disappointed not to let Palmer make the first team.

To get Doku in and sell Palmer also doesn’t feel right now. It’s Doku who needs to try and make us forget about Palmer. It’ll be extra pressure on the former.

We can criticise the management. But how many talented young players went out and made us regret ourselves? So Txiki and Pep and probably a few more know what they are doing when making a decision like this.

Finally it’s easy to imagine Palmer feels he won’t make it left or rightAs there is someone else coming through the ranks who is even better. Bobb maybe?

We just don’t know what’s going on. Guessing is what fills this forum. We all have our ideas without really knowing.

I don’t like it. But if City let a young player go, it’s because somehow or at some point it’s better for the club and maybe the player to. My sentimental me says no. Tine will tell.

It won’t be about money. He’s probably a multimillionaire already- top academy kids are on upwards of £20k/week from 16/17 years old - but also he’s at City, he knows that like Foden and Rico, there’s a 75k/week contract on the table for him as soon as he breaks through properly. Going by his performances so far this season it probably would have been signed score Christmas.

Get that but that contract he signed at city few years ago would of been 30k max and h had 3 years left so leaving has probably trebled his money and we know it's always about the money as well as what poch has told him about where he will play and playing time.. personally think he has been tapped up few months back..

Dumb ass move from Cole if true. He will be warming the bench in a mess that is the Chelsea squad. Suprised he wouldn’t be demanding to go somewhere he will be playing week in week out.
Disagree.
He can't demand to go anywhere if only 1 club is in for him.

Really disappointing to see him go but £45m is a pretty mad fee for such a young lad who is only on the periphery of the Team really.

Got to respect and trust the Club and Gaffer’s judgement in letting him go, but from what I’ve seen he could be a real talent. I don’t see him getting more game time at Chelsea either though.

I think this is one of the first times the club have got it wrong. We should have been doing everything we can to keep one of the top young players in the country.

Yes the academy is now a business, but surely the main should be to get these young players in our first team - if they’re good enough

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.