Cole Palmer

Agreed. Let’s hope they do something about it quickly.
I thought we bought a Belgium right winger last week? Coke has potential and if he wanted to stay and be part of the squad fair enough. Instead he’s gone to a club where he’s going to get far less chance to develop than here. Not a chance we’ll look back in 2/3 years and think we made a big mistake in not keeping Cole Palmer. Very poor mans Mahrez.

Great money for him - glad we've snapped their hands off.
He's a decent lad, but, bar for a few goals lately, he hasn't shown that much for us.
He doesn't have the quality of Foden, otherwise he'd have shown it before now.
Good luck to him, He'll need it with the size of that Chelsea squad.
My thoughts as well.

Cant really blame him for leaving. Not like we’ve given him any indication he will be playing much. Would preferred that we sent him out on loan to a club he would actually start for and bring him back for next season.
And when was the last time we saw a player come back from a loan deal and make it into a regular starter/featuring player??
Let’s face it, it just doesn’t happen.
If Pep and thinks your good enough you just don’t go on loan.
If you go on loan you’re in the shop window.

Yep. Watch his tape and you'll see his best moments are when he's floating around at RCM, uses his long stride and dribbling technique to brush past a defender and send an excellent through ball into the winger / forward running in stride. His control and ability to dictate tempo is already at an incredible level. Palmer is a top 5 profile for his age and is well worth the quoted 45m fee. City have definitely invested in Palmer over the years and it'd be a shame to see him go in the first season where he is likely to be needed.

Can only see City selling him if they need the cash for another move, which I'm not sure we do. So a bit surprised with this. Unless of course he is demanding a move behind closed doors, which wouldn't shock me. I can't see him being keen on Chelsea however. Will face the same issues he is here.

With the deal now almost done, I’m very surprised by this move. He was not a player I’d ever considered for Chelsea. Should be interesting to see how Poch uses him and how ready he is for a starting role. It’s not an insignificant fee so I’d imagine he’s going to get a lot of starts. The fact that we have no European football is good for him because he gets to spend a lot of time being coached and developing chemistry with his new teammates.

I feel like I completely forgot that Chelsea aren't playing in Europe this season either?!

Even fewer chances for Cole unless he really hits the ground running...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.